facebook

Fields in debugger are null but are there

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Brett
    Participant

This might be an easy one, but when I first installed webclipse and debugged in chrome and paused at a breakpoint the varaible inspector would show the value, but after an auto update, there are now getters and setters for all variables and I have to click the (…) to get the value resolved. Is there some optional configuration somewhere to have nothing lazy loaded like this during the dev process? It’s particularly inconvenient when debugging in eclipse vs the chrome inspector because there’s no (…) and I have to expand the object to try to see what’s in there

#514070 Reply

support-swapna

Brett,

I’m afraid we couldn’t replicate the issue you are seeing.
    Can you please share with us some screenshots to help us get a visual of the issue?

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#514076 Reply

Brett
    Participant

Sure, attached are three screenshots,

One shows a very simple example, a component with two variables, that show up fine on the webpage, then one pic of the chrome debugger and one of the eclipse debugger. Notice all the getters and setters and some kind of meta information being generated for every variable,

Brett

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #514080 Reply

Brett
    Participant

If it helps at all, the change occured during the webclipse update that introduced the codelive update and the feature where the three litte options appear in chrom in the top right automatically to link to the IDE. In the previous version you had in eclipse the debug and production servers separate, then the update joined those and the menu options changed so you just right clik to the project in angular CLI to do everything. Somehow every component seems to be wrapped in a closure now

#514093 Reply

Brett
    Participant

Ok, I found the solution, I updated my dependencies in the following way:

for dev
    got rid of angular-cli and updraded to @angular/cli
    updated @angular/compiler-cli to 2.4.9

for prod
    updated @angular/common compiler core forms http platform-browser platform-browser-dynamic to 2.4.9

and voila! everything works like magic

#514275 Reply

support-swapna

Brett,

Glad that you resolved the issue. Thank you for getting back to us.We have recently added support for newer Angular CLI package, @angular/cli. I have escalated your issue to the dev team to check if the debugger behavior is due to the newer Angular CLI package support.

Sorry for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Fields in debugger are null but are there

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in