facebook

File>New>UML Model Repository editor "dead"

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

No problem, whenever troubleshooting goes off the track into the “never seen that before” realm, I always start looking at possible native things to upgrade/etc.

#244516 Reply

b3rntsen

I have just upgraded my video drivers to the latest supplied by Dell, and the UML editor still does not work on the external display (my primary display and where the taskbar is).

Since most applications work flawlessly when moved from one physical screen to another, I wonder whether the bug is in the UML edit, SWT (more likely) or the driver (no clue).

In general I wonder why there can be problems with that all, is the windows API open for writing applications that break when moved from one display to another, or what is the problem, really??

/\/

#244531 Reply

Riyad Kalla

It’s hard to say, I have filed this as an issue for us to investigate. As an aside I am on a dual head setup here and can drag it back and forth between monitors and it works fine (nvidia 7800 GTX and also a 6800 GTO Dell dual-head setup). I’ll ask any of the other devs if they see any issues.

#244622 Reply

Kapil Kapre

We saw some weird UI issues in our internal testing when AA and AF were enabled in the display settings of higher end cards. Can you check if its the same on yours?

#244624 Reply

b3rntsen

AA = anti aliasing? Where do I set that in windows?

AF = ?? (and where do I set that in windows)/

#244626 Reply

Kapil Kapre

Yes AA = Anti Aliasing & AF = Anisotropic Filtering
    Its usually under display settings somewhere, I dont really know the exact location for your set of drivers. However those might not be enabled by default so if you didnt know about them chances are they werent enabled.

#244627 Reply

b3rntsen

I don’t have those settings available for my adapter (its lowend I would gather). Checked another notebooks display properties, and there I was able to find those settings, so I am quite confident that I don’t have them.

/\/

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: File>New>UML Model Repository editor "dead"

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in