facebook

filter definition is not supported in web.xml? [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hsheng

I am using MyEclipse 3.8.3 trail version.

It looks like to me that the MyEclipse IDE does not support servlet 2.3 yet.
    The IDE does not provide a menu item to create a servlet filter (like the one for servlet) and I add the filter definition in the web.xml, I get a red error mark in the editor for my filter definition.

The IDE support of Tomcat 5 makes me think that I may miss something in my environment or my web project (because servlet2.3 is supported in Tomcat 5), but I could not find anything about the supported servlet version from the document or the MyEclipse website.

Just wondering in which version of MyEclipse is servlet2.3 and up supported, my trail period will expire soon. Or the netbean IDE is a better bet?

#226936 Reply

Riyad Kalla

It looks like to me that the MyEclipse IDE does not support servlet 2.3 yet.

It does, and 2.4 support was added in 3.8.0 release.

I get a red error mark in the editor for my filter definition.

Because your filter is most likely defined in the wrong position. I’m guessing your error says something like “file does not match definition of (web-app(blahblahblah)”

but I could not find anything about the supported servlet version from the document or the MyEclipse website.

J2EE 1.3 (2.3 spec) and J2EE 1.4 (2.4 spec).

Just wondering in which version of MyEclipse is servlet2.3 and up supported, my trail period will expire soon.

I highly suggest you go through our “Getting Started” guide for web projects here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-67.html

Or the netbean IDE is a better bet?

That’s your job to decide 😉

#226940 Reply

hsheng

Thanks very much for the reply.

My problem is that I was still using the Servlet2.2 DOCTYPE header.
    Change it to 2.3 DOCTYPE header, and everything works fine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: filter definition is not supported in web.xml? [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in