facebook

Fore and background color is same in Eclipse dialog boxes After Moving to Mojave

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

deepsymmetry
    Participant

After I upgraded my macbook pro to Mojave, I am unable to see the font in the Eclipse file search and text search dialog boxes. The background and foreground color is white. Even selecting the text doesn’t show it because the select color is white too. The searches work fine. I have tried uninstalling, restart, reinstalling, restart but to no avail. Before Mojave it was working fine. It doesn’t matter whether it deep dark or darkest dark. The inline search shows font color correctly.

I have looked high and low in the color and themes, annotations etc but no foreground or background color change seems to have an effect.
    Going back to dark theme of Eclipse, things are back to normal. Only selecting DevStyle causes this.

IDE
    Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
    Version: Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a)
    Build id: 20180405-1200

OS
    macOS Mojave
    MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2017

Text Search Dialog box -> CTRL + F
    File/Java/Scala Search -> Search Menu -> Search

#611366 Reply

Aaron Lara

I’m sorry you are having this issue 🙁 … This issue is currently happening to older eclipse versions (Oxygen and Older) which do not allow setting a background to combo boxes and other widgets. Newer versions look much better in that end.

That being said we are working on a fix for this issue. I will provide you with a patch as soon as we get it.

Thanks!
    Aaron Lara

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Aaron Lara.
    #611370 Reply

Aaron Lara

@deepsymmetry, Great news, we got a fix for this issue. So it turns out we were missing a CSS rule for this specific case (Editable combos in Eclipse Oxygen and older). So here’s a patch you can set to your eclipse installation to get the fix:

1. Download and extract the attached plugins.zip file.
    2. In Finder, right click in your eclipse.app and select Show Package Contents. Then navigate to Contents > Eclipse > plugins
    3. Paste the previously extracted jar into this location, when asked choose to override the existing one.
    4. Restart Eclipse

That should be enough to get the fix. Please let us know any concern.

Thanks again!
    Aaron Lara

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #611372 Reply

deepsymmetry
    Participant

Arron, Thank you for responding. The plugins folder does not contain a replaceable jar with the same or similar name.

Did you mean the ~/.p2/pool/plugins folder?

This folder does contain a jar file with the same name and replacing the file did the wonder.

I can now see the font color in both the searches.

Thank you very much.

#611373 Reply

Aaron Lara

Awesome! I’m glad the fix worked for you. Sorry about the missleading directory, I made a wrong assumption (it depend on how you install eclipse: using eclipse oomph installer vs downloading a package).

Thank you again for bringing it up! We’ll make sure we include this fix in our next release.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#612023 Reply

bill-vickery
    Participant

This fix worked for me as well, thank you Aaron and deepsymmetry for posting the question!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Fore and background color is same in Eclipse dialog boxes After Moving to Mojave

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in