facebook

Glassfish Run Server got exception

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

snirco

Hello I’m tryimg to run glassfish server end I got this exception;

recursive call into SystemOutandErrhandler
    java.lang.RuntimeException: recursivecall
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.SystemOutandErrHandler$LoggingByteArrayOutputStream.flush(SystemOutandErrHandler.java:359)
    at java.io.PrintStream.write(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.SystemOutandErrHandler$LoggingPrintStream.write(SystemOutandErrHandler.java:293)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.writeBytes(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implFlushBuffer(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implFlush(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flush(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.logging.StreamHandler.flush(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.publish(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.logging.Logger.doLog(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.logging.Logger.log(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.SystemOutandErrHandler$LoggingByteArrayOutputStream.flush(SystemOutandErrHandler.java:368)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.SystemOutandErrHandler$LoggingPrintStream.write(SystemOutandErrHandler.java:293)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.writeBytes(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$CharsetSE.implFlushBuffer(Unknown Source)
    at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.PrintStream.print(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.SystemOutandErrHandler$LoggingPrintStream.print(SystemOutandErrHandler.java:205)
    at java.io.PrintStream.println(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.SystemOutandErrHandler$LoggingPrintStream.println(SystemOutandErrHandler.java:187)
    at java.util.logging.ErrorManager.error(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.ServerLogManager.getLogService(ServerLogManager.java:368)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.ServerLogManager.reInitializeServerLoggers(ServerLogManager.java:545)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.ApplicationServer.onInitialization(ApplicationServer.java:167)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.ondemand.OnDemandServer.onInitialization(OnDemandServer.java:103)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.PEMain.run(PEMain.java:399)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.PEMain.main(PEMain.java:336)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.enterprise.server.PELaunch.main(PELaunch.java:415)

#294259 Reply

snirco

I stoped the server yhat was running in my machine then I start it in myEclipse ide and it try to start but didn’t succeed,
    it didn’t throw an exception

#294728 Reply

support-joy

Hi,
    Im sorry you ran into this issue. A PR is filed for the dev team and they are looking into this issue.

#295155 Reply

Sreenath Gurujala
    Participant

I too got a similar exception, Unable to resolve it , please help

https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/glassfish-startup-error-2/

#295174 Reply

support-joy

Hey Sreenath,

A PR is filed for this issue. The dev team are currently investigating more on this.

Is it possible for you to share your project with us for us to reproduce this internally?(you can use the PM feature to reply to this). I am unable to reproduce this issue at my end. I am able to deploy and run the traderX example(http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/earprojects/) in glassfish without any problem.

#295182 Reply

Sreenath Gurujala
    Participant

Refer to my post for all the details regarding this error. https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/glassfish-startup-error-2/

#295209 Reply

support-joy

Thank you. I have filed a PR for the dev team.

#295544 Reply

Is this resolved.I too have the same problem. What is the EAT

#295558 Reply

support-joy

sekharinus,

Sorry for the inconvinience caused. Dev team are investigating this issue. I don’t have an EAT on this right now. You will be able to deploy and run your applications on Glassfish 2.1, but currently the console doesn’t log any output other than the error.

I would recommend you to either work with GlassFish 2.0 or work with GlassFish 2.1 admin console outside of ME.

#297209 Reply

two months to correct the problem ????

sound pretty lame guys !

This work fine in netbeans, too bad to be obliged to swith between ide when MyEclipse is our favorite.
    Could you at least have your dev explain the problem and give workaround advice ?
    So we can wait.

#297227 Reply

support-joy

vincent.nonnenmacher,

Sorry for the inconvinience. This issue was related to GlassFish 2.1 connector. This issue is fixed and will be released with ME 7.5. The workaround would be either to use GlassFish 2.0 connector or run GlassFish 2.1 outside of ME.

Thanks for your patience.

#297379 Reply

what is the ETA for ME 7.5 ?
    could it be a small minor update as time frame on the site for 7.5 is months from now ?

#297381 Reply

support-joy

ME 7.5 is scheduled for a May end release.

#297389 Reply

damned ;-(
    forced to be a netbean guy for so long ????

#297920 Reply

Has any other user found a work-around to this? We have a release that goes into testing mid-may. It’s a liferay 5.2.2 install and thus deploys with glassfish 2.1 out of the box. (liferay is a web app that runs on glassfish, we are providing portlets for it), and my team of 6 was working with liferay 5.1.1. We waited as long as we could to move to 5.2.2, but there is a show-stopper bug on liferay 5.1.1 that requires us to move to 5.2.2 which is on glassfish 2.1.

Is this a MyEclipse specific connector, or is this a WTP based problem?? is there any way I can change the deployment of glassfish other than to revert to 2.1 to resolve this issue?

Just to restate the issue for those users trying to find a solution: The server starts, but throws a an error: ‘java.lang.RuntimeException: recursivecall’, after which you get no logs. The server still works, but this is a major inconvenience for development and deployment of applications.

The only work around I found was to stop my server within eclipse, then start the server outside of eclipse. you then get logging. When you want to deploy, you stop your server, then start it in eclipse, then deploy, then stop the server again and start it again using asadmin.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Glassfish Run Server got exception

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in