facebook

Google Play Notice to MobiOne Android Developers

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

support-michael
    Keymaster

Google Play Notice to MobiOne Android Developers

Today some owners of Cordova apps in the Google Play store, including MobiOne android developers, began receiving an email notice from Google warning that their apps may contain a security vulnerability and could be removed from the store. In a nutshell developers are encouraged to upgrade their apps using Cordova 3.5.1 or greater. MobiOne AppCenter Builder uses Cordova 2.9.

We are aware of Google’s increased concern for android apps built on the pre-Cordova 3.5.1 SDK. We are investigating an approach for creating an updated Android app based on your MobiOne project codebase and Cordova 3.5.1. We estimate that it will take us until early next week (monday or tuesday) to workout and document a process for upgrading MobiOne apps to Cordova 3.5.1. Please subscribe this topic for updates.

Lastly if you received a notice from Google please note that your app is not being pulled from Google Play immediately. You have received a blanket notice that is being sent to thousands of Android developers with apps built on Cordova.

Chat with you soon as we make progress and provide updates.

#351926 Reply

dav-oa4u
    Participant

I do not know if this is the right way, but I subscribe to the uptates.
    thanks

#351929 Reply

TheThirdMan

Rather than “a documented process”, why not update your bloody software? Wtf is wrong with Genuitec? First, landscape app compilation breaks, now the entire application is broken. wtf…

#351932 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

In my opinion M1 does not create enough revenue for them and would have us all on annual subscriptions. That is why I believe the next announcement will be the demise of M1 as we know it in favour of either “my eclipse” and/or a yearly license for M1 v 3.0. Think about it, once you buy the software they get nothing. I’m not totally against this because they have to make money to survive but I wish they would come clean on exactly what they are doing.

#351950 Reply

dcss

We are part of California Government agency and we have to make frequent updates and publish the Android App. Please let us know if we can still Publish with prior version of Cordova 3.5.1.

Thanks,
    Ram

#351952 Reply

PaulLeBlanc
    Participant

Subscribing.

#351975 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Update

We are still working on the process for building a mobione project with the latest phonegap sdk. There are several quirks that we are investigating with the port of several MobiOne plugins, e.g., audio widget is failing. We hope to have the few remaining issues worked out in a few more days.

#351980 Reply

RichardOne

Michael,

Why does Genuitec not simply come clean?

Tell us that MobiOne is dead and your shifting your focus on MyEclipse and have done with it.

Noone can move forward using this SW unless we know that MobiOne is going to continue to receive support AND updates as required?

Hopefully, you will integrate MobiOne into MyEclipse and for those who paid for a licence key, you will at least as a token gesture, give them a new key for MyEclipse.

In the meantime, I’m looking elsewhere for a similar platform so I can continue my learning curve.

As a non programmer, I loved MobiOne and understand that it was a good way to raise funding for MyEclipse but it would have been nice to have been kept in the loop of your intent.

#351991 Reply

AdamRogan

@RichardOne
    if you email sales telling them you have purchased mobione they will send you a key for eclipse,
    as has been stated on the forum by support.
    i emailed them and got my key the other day.
    But i do agree with you i would prefer to use mobione and hope they continue development on it.
    A fix for the cordova issue would be good as soon as possible.
    And a bit of info on whats happening a bit more frequently would be also good.
    Mobione is a great tool and for non code heads like myself it is useful, to create apps and also learn along the way,
    cheers

#351992 Reply

RichardOne

@Adrog,

Thanks for that,

What bugs me is the assumption that we are all techheads; I’m not?

MobiOne is a great little product for people like me; easy to use, manageable learning allowing me to hopefully grow with the product.

If they are to intergrate MobiOne into MyEclipes, I hope that they allow the same ‘ease of use’ approach as MobiOne currently presents.

At the moment, one look at MyEclipse my brain shuts down!

Regards,

#351993 Reply

AdamRogan

hahaha RichardOne
    same i dont know where to start with eclipse.
    i hope they offer better tutorials with it than with mobione. The support is good and the forum is great, but the tuts lose me.
    when i get time ill check it out better and have a look.

#351994 Reply

RichardOne

@Adrog,

I would happily pay £100 a year if they kept MobiOne seperate if they :

1) Added more tutorials,
    2) Video and Demo examples,
    3) Show how to implement code like Java Snippets,
    4) Show me how to make a native app,
    5) Offered an App Store submission service,
    6) Be gentle when I ask dumb questions 🙁

One other thing,

Why just show Nexus in simulator?

Why not other leading mobiles so we can get a good look at how the app will look?

Regards,

#351995 Reply

AdamRogan

Im right there with you!
    Would be a great option for them, yearly subscription of $99.00 would be fair.
    i would pay that.
    Surely that would give them some funding to keep mobione and further develop it and the tuturiols.
    good one RichardOne

#351996 Reply

Philip!!!

HI michael.

What is your answer to all these comments about mobione been dead ?

I would like you to respond please.

#351999 Reply

Hello,

i agree to pay a yearly annual for the mobione.
    If we knew how to program, we would use Eclipse from the beginning.

I have received a second message from Google, for updating Cordoba 3.5.1

Please fix this error too
    ERROR ITMS-9000 When upload update app on the App Store
    http://www.genuitec.com/support-genuitec/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7641

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Google Play Notice to MobiOne Android Developers

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in