facebook

GUI and Search Issue with multiple projects

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello Guys,

I have 2 issues to report, am attaching screen shorts for them. Please help me out.

1. We have a problem most of the times right click on MyEcliplse Explorer does not show all menus, sometimes even properties for project is not working, I even closed editor multiple times and reopened but still same problem exists.

2. I have multiple projects setup switching between them makes searching of classes related to one project not shows up. I even cleaned up cache from .metadata but no use.

Regards
    Raj

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #500676 Reply

support-swapna

Raj,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with MyEclipse. Thank you for the screenshots.

1. Please share with us the MyEclipse Version and Build Id details from Help > About MyEclipse section.
    Also share with us the OS and version details.

2. Did you install any third party plugins? If yes, then please list them.

3. The scope of the search is restricted to the working set you are selecting. If you are selecting a particular working set, then only resources of the projects that are added to that working set will be shown. Can you please recheck if the said project is part of the working set you selected? Select ‘Edit
    Active Working Set’ to see the current working set contents.

4. Can you please clarify if you can consistently replicate the issue with the missing menu items? Is it specific to certain projects or all the projects?

5. Can you please check if the issue with missing menu items persists in a new workspace as well? If yes, then please send us the .log file located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#500679 Reply

Hello Swapna,

I don’t have any third party installations.

While switch between working set other set of project are not coming for search (Ctrl+Shift+T) or Reference->Workspace (Ctrl+Shfit+G). Note: Working Set contains correct project with contents.

It happens to all projects, some times certain menu shows up after restarting it may show up some other menus but not all of them.

Attaching other details as images .
    Let me know if need more details.

Regards
    Raj

Attachments:
    #500682 Reply

Looks log file could not be attached directly and compressing and attaching.

Attachments:
    #500686 Reply

support-swapna

Raj,

Thank you for the log file and the details. The problems you are seeing might be related to JavaScript.
    Does your projects include lot of JavaScript code?

If possible please upgrade to MyEclipse 2016, our latest release which might give you a better experience as we made some fixes and enhancements in the JavaScript area.

Please download the MyEclipse 2016 installer from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/

You can install MyEclipse 2016 to a different location alongside your existing MyEclipse 2015 CI 19 and use your current license which is valid for MyEclipse 2016 as well.

Import your projects and check if the issues persist. If you are still seeing issues, then please send us the .log file from the MyEclipse 2016 workspace to help us investigate further. Please change the extension of the .log file to .txt and attach it.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Let us know how it works with MyEclipse 2016.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#504910 Reply

Hi Swapna,

I installed MyEclipse 2016, my projects resource are big so trying to increase the memory 2048m in myeclipse.ini am getting an error. I tried 2g that also fails default 1024m crashes with out having enough memory. Need to increase memory, please help me out ASAP.

Attaching all the log , error and ini files which I modified.

Regards
    Raj

Attachments:
    #504913 Reply

attaching ini files.

Attachments:
    #505070 Reply

support-swapna

Raj,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the files.
    You are working with a 64 bit version of MyEclipse which really does consume more memory.

You can try setting the -Xmx to more than 1024m by increasing the value in smaller counts and see if it helps. Try with -Xmx1524M and depending on how it works, you can increase or decrease the -Xmx in smaller counts, may be by 100 each time. Its more like a trial and error based setting.

If you still see the issue after increasing heap memory, use memory profiling tools like MAT ( Memory analyzer tool), Visual VM etc and check if there are any memory leaks in your application.

Sorry for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: GUI and Search Issue with multiple projects

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in