facebook

GWT Plugin

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Markus Reich

Hi,

I’ve got something very weird happening using the Google plugin with
    MyEclipse 9, but I am out of ideas as to what it could be. I’ve
    developed and deployed Java websites to GAE, using older versions of
    the Google plugin, but with the latest one, I seem unable to do
    anything. I simply cannot click on the “sign in to Google” button, and
    have anything happen. I click it, and zero, zilch, nada, nothing
    happens at all. I can right-click it, and get prompted for “Icon only”
    or “Sign out on exit”, but cannot actually sign in.

It seems to be a problem with the internet connection to google!
    I installed plain Eclipse 3.6 IDE incl. Google GWT Plugin there the logon Buttons works, when I log on, and start MyEclipse in parallel, I’m logged on to google to, so GAE deployment works fine?

Meex

#317683 Reply

support-swapna

reich,

Sorry that you are running into this issue.

Can you answer some more questions for me to be able to replicate the issue at my end ?

1) How did you install MyEclipse 9 ? Is it through All-In-One installer/Pulse/Archived Update site ?

2) Can you share your build id from Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench > Build Id ? Paste the build id here.

3) How did you install the GWT plugin and which version? Can you please check if the version of GWT is compatible with base Eclipse version 3.6.1 for MyEclipse 9 ?

4) Did you install any other third party plugins lately ?

5) Start the IDE with -clean, switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persists. If yes then check for related errors logged in the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log. Paste the entire error message here for me.

Let me know how this works for you.

#319402 Reply

aelgali

I’m facing the same issue, when i click on the “Sign in to Google…” button nothing happen this is what .log file shows

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2011-08-31 14:47:54.629
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: when resolving method "org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.<init>(Ljavax/servlet/Servlet;)V" the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) of the current class, com/google/gdt/eclipse/platform/jetty/JettyServer, and the class loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/baseadaptor/DefaultClassLoader) for resolved class, org/mortbay/jetty/servlet/ServletHolder, have different Class objects for the type javax/servlet/Servlet used in the signature
        at com.google.gdt.eclipse.platform.jetty.JettyServer.addServlet(JettyServer.java:54)
        at com.google.gdt.eclipse.login.LoginCallbackServer.<init>(LoginCallbackServer.java:137)
        at com.google.gdt.eclipse.login.GoogleLogin.logIn(GoogleLogin.java:403)
        at com.google.gdt.eclipse.login.GoogleLogin.logIn(GoogleLogin.java:379)
        at com.google.gdt.eclipse.login.ui.LoginTrimContribution$1.mouseUp(LoginTrimContribution.java:90)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:213)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1258)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3540)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3161)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
        at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:115)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)
    #319460 Reply

support-swapna

aelgali ,

I could replicate the issue at my end. I have raised a PR for the dev team to work on it.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

#323680 Reply

Davidbf

Hello,

how end this? I have the same problem…

MyEclipse:
    Version: 9.1
    Build id: 9.1-20110701

GPE 2.4.2

Regards.
    ——————————–
    I resolve this following the post:
    http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=5293

#323771 Reply

support-swapna

David,

The issue no longer exists in MyEclipse version 10. The issue is fixed by Google in Eclipse 3.7 version. I recommend you install our latest release version 10 and check.

You can download MyEclipse 10 from this link :
    http://myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=Recommend_Us&req=Download&version=ME

Alternatively you can use Pulse to install MyEclipse 10. Here is the FAQ: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/installation-how-to-install-myeclipse-from-pulse/

You do not have to uninstall MyEclipse 9. You can install ME 10 alongside version 9 or to a new location.

Let us know how it works for you.

#508097 Reply

shivraj-windstream
    Participant

well, the issue isn’t fixed.
    I have licensed version of myeclipse 10.7 installed on windows 7 64 bit machine.
    However, when I go to MyEclipse COnfiguration Center and try to install GWT plugin suggested in Popular plug-in, I see error like

Bad update sites
    com.genuitec.pulse2.client.common.launcher.BadUpdateSiteException
    Software being installed: MyEclipse 10 (Profile) 2.0.0.0000000003 (com.poweredbypulse.profile-0-rb-5513151-1483727235031 2.0.0.0000000003)
    Missing requirement: MyEclipse 10 (Profile) 2.0.0.0000000003 (com.poweredbypulse.profile-0-rb-5513151-1483727235031 2.0.0.0000000003) requires ‘com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e37.feature.feature.group 0.0.0’ but it could not be found

Can someone help understand how to fix this?

#508267 Reply

support-swapna

Shivraj,

We have responded to your concern in the ticket raised by you.
    Please check and follow it up.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: GWT Plugin

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in