facebook

Help needed to setup weblogic 8.1 using myeclipse

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

sparija04

Hi,
    I am new to myeclipse. application I need help to setup the weblogic application server8.1 to myeclipse on my local machine. Is there any site, where I would read the steps to debug J2ee application (basically ear file has web and ejb components)?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

#218557 Reply

Riyad Kalla

You can have a look at our Web Projects documentation to get started, our J2EE project documentation isn’t done just yet: http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/webprojects/#deploy_testing_debug

The debugging process will be very similar.

#218614 Reply

sparija04

Riyad,
    Thanks for providing the valuable information.
    I could able to set up the weblogic connector (8.1) with myeclipse. Deployed my application successfully. Application is running on weblogic
    server.

I am having issue with debugging my code using eclipse debugger (debug as run-time Workbench).
    I am doing following steps. Please let me what I am doing wrong, or what should I do to step thru my code using the debugger.

1- right_click on project
    2- selected debug.
    3- Another dialogue box popped up.
    4- Clicked the debug button.
    5- eclipse runtime-workbench pops up.

After that I am not sure , how should I step thru my code. On the runtime-workbench I do not see my source code.

eclipse version 3.0.1
    myeclipse 3.8.2
    weblogic 8.1 SP1

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

#218619 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Are you trying to debug a web application or a Java application or an Eclipse plugin?

If you are trying to debug a Web Application, please take a look at how it is done in the Quick Start guide I linked to above, you launch your application server and then use your browser to start excercising the app in the appropriate way to hit break points, you don’t setup an execution target like a normal Java application.

#218637 Reply

sparija04

I am trying to debug j2ee application which has j2ee components(jsp,servlet,jms, ejbs and etc…).

Thanks.

#218638 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ok then have a look at the “debugging” section of the guide i linked to above.

#218641 Reply

sparija04

I looked the link and at section 7.3 the debugging instructions are specific to jsp(specific to Web Application). Is there any other link, which can have examples on debugging ejb, Servlets and/or utility classes?

#218644 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Debugging EJB/Servlets/Classes works exactly the same, except instead of setting breakpoints in your JSP pages, you would be setting breakpoints in your EJBs/Servlets/Utility classes… when you use your browser to hit a portion of the site that triggers the EJB or Servlet or utility class, Eclipse will detect this and stop at that breakpoint, this is straight Eclipse debugging in that case.

#218653 Reply

sparija04

Thanks for the information.
    My issue is here that I am not able to view source code after clicking the debug option. Due to which I am unable to set break points.

After clicking the debug option, a run-time workbench pops up. In run-time Workbench I am unable to view the application source code. Any thing am I missing in my project configuration?

#218655 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Any thing am I missing in my project configuration?

I don’t think you gave that guide a close enough read or what I typed above about debugging J2EE applications… you simply do the following steps:

1) Deploy application
    2) Run application Server
    3) Setup break points
    4) open browser and use application

You *do not* debug a Workbench application… please just take a look at the screenshots from that doc… you just use the dropdown buttons in your toolbar to deploy your app and start the application server, after that you simply use your browser to excercise the app (loading pages, etc.) and from the source editor in Eclipse, you set breakpoints.

#218659 Reply

albridgeone

I am trying to deploy a J2EE application under Weblogic8.1. What are the steps involved in deploying an application(J2EE) ? I am using the following:
    MyEclipse 3.8.2
    Weblogic 8.1
    Eclipse 3.0.1

#218662 Reply

sparija04

Hi Riyad,
    As per your direction, I deployed the application, restarted the application server(weblogic). Set up the break points in control servlet and dao. Launched the login on browser and started navigating to different pages on my web application. I do not see the control is coming back to source code(control servlet, which it is supposed to if my setup is correct). It seems to me step-over/step-in is diabled.

Do you think application server connector setup is not right? Any idea what could i have missed or configured wrong?

Thanks for all your support.

#218667 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Do you think application server connector setup is not right? Any idea what could i have missed or configured wrong?

It could be, if you navigate to your WebLogic Launch connector settings (Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Application Server > WebLogic 8 > Launch) is it set to “Debug mode”? Also under the JDK settings have you configured WebLogic to run using a 1.4+ JDK and are you using that same JDK to run Eclipse?

#218668 Reply

Riyad Kalla

albridgeone,
    You need to configure your application server connector (Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Application Server > WebLogic 8) then you need to deploy your application (right click on project root node > MyEclipse > Add and Remove Project Deployments) and then you need to start the application server (use the dropdown in your toolbar that is next to the deployment button).

You can read the Quick Start doc I linked to in this thread to get you started, its the same process for any kind of app.

#218671 Reply

sparija04

I checked the Weblogic Launch Connector settings. It is set as debug(Window->Preference->MyEclipse->Application Server->Weblogic8->Launch->Debug).
    Weblogic is configured as JDK1.41_03 and the same jdk is being configured to run eclipse.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Help needed to setup weblogic 8.1 using myeclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in