facebook

Hibernate 3.2 and Spring 2.5

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

gator

I’m having problems with the following error:

nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.visit(IILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

I believe there’s a asm.2.2.3.jar in Spring 2.5 and Hibernate 3.2 libraries, so I need to remove one of them so I don’t get this error.

The problem is since I’m using myeclipse I can’t just go into the myeclipse libraries and remove one of the .jar’s because it throws everything off.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance…

#301690 Reply

gator,
    I could not replicate the issue at my end. Can you share your project with us? You can send a mail to support@genuitec.com. Please add ATTN: Shalini in the subject and refer to this thread. This will help us reproduce this issue internally and quickly work on resolution.

You can remove the jar files from Windows > Preferences > MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench > Spring. This will effect all the projects using this library. You can restore the jar file by clicking “Restore Defaults” later.

#301709 Reply

gator

The problem is coming from using both the Spring 2.5 and Hibernate 3.2 MyEclipse Libraries.

They both contain a jar called asm-2.2.3.jar, and I believe I’m getting this error because both libraries contain it. If you look you can see it in both.

I think there’s a conflict and because of this it throws the exception.

#301710 Reply

gator

Shalini,

I went to Windows > Preferences > MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench > Spring, and when I removed the asm-2.2.3.jar, it put an error red “x” on every other jar, in every library. I think that messed everything up?

#301732 Reply

gator,
    Thank you for your project. I am following up your ticket.

#301814 Reply

gator

Hi Shalini,

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. It looks like that jar was causing the problem.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

#301818 Reply

gator,
    Good to know that you are all set.
    Let me know if you have any issues.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Hibernate 3.2 and Spring 2.5

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in