facebook

How to best use Angular IDE with Ionic 3?

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kent-narling
    Participant

Hi,

I have tried to figure out how to best use Angular IDE to work on an Ionic 3 project and the best result so far has been to:
    1 – Create Ionic 3 project (command line according to steps on http://ionicframework.com/)
    2 – Import this project into Angular IDE

However this has a few glitches for me:
    – It completely looses the Angular 5 nature, meaning I cannot use the IDE to add components/services etc which would be very nice since the IDE toolings for these are better than the Ionic 3 command line corresponding tools…

– I have so far not been able to start the ionic server from the IDE, so I have to run it using “ionic serve” on the command line. Minor issue but we be nice to solve this.
    – The ‘@angular/core’ imports intermittently gives warnings , which dissapear when I save the file and then randomly occur again, just a nuisance but still would like to get rid of “unclean” warnings 😉

Anyone have good tips how to solve above and in general good hints for settings and working with Ionic 3 the best way?

#574473 Reply

support-swapna

Kent,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Ionic 3 and Angular IDE. I am afraid we do not yet support Ionic projects fully with our Angular tools. I have raised an enhancement request for the dev team to look into it.

The ‘@angular/core’ imports intermittently gives warnings , which disappear when I save the file and then randomly occur again, just a nuisance but still would like to get rid of “unclean” warnings

Is this problem specific to an Ionic project which is imported to the Angular IDE or do you see it in regular Angular projects as well?

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#574475 Reply

kent-narling
    Participant

So far I have only seen this in imported ionic projects, so its probably related to that you do not fully support this and hence have not tested this yet etc
    It would seem like a very logical and efficient path to support ionic 3, it is very close to Angular 5 in many regards so it should not be overly hard to at least fix so they work nicely together inside the IDE.

Supporting toolsets for adding pages would naturally be nice but that could be a second step…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: How to best use Angular IDE with Ionic 3?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in