facebook

How to disable MyEclipse Maven capabilities?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

DaveO, thank you for the feedback, the drop-in-and-work scenario is absolutely one we have to get right in a future release.

Is this the complaint the rest of you guys have as well, that it won’t work with existing projects? If so that would give us a very focused point on which to enhance (which was already on our short list, but atleast know we know this is a show-stopper for the maven gurus).

#287521 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

If you read this thread you’ll see that’s *exactly* the problem. One of the other posters mentioned 400 maven-based projects. Without being able to add maven support from ME to the project, he can’t function within ME 6.5.

I think if you can’t fix M4ME at least make it so those of use who want to use M2E can turn off M4E.

#287533 Reply

msquared

Like many others here, I find Maven4MyEclipse to be a major step BACKWARDS in functionality from the plain-old m2eclipse plugin.
    What in the world were you thinking to actually REMOVE from m2eclipse the standard maven project structure?
    Simply defies all belief!

Fortunately I have found that by deleting the items below, MyEclipse6.5 seems to work perfectly fine with the standard m2eclipse plugin instead of Maven4MyEclipse:
    The only functional loss is that web deployments no longer filter out scope=provided or test, but I have a workaround for that.

features/com.genuitec.myeclipse.maven_6.5.1.zmyeclipse650200806
    plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.maven_6.5.1.zmyeclipse650200806.jar
    plugins/com.genuitec.myeclipse.maven_6.5.1.zmyeclipse650200806
    plugins/org.maven.ide.components.archetype_common_2.0.0.20080331-1600
    plugins/org.maven.ide.components.maven_embedder_2.1.0.20080410-2200
    plugins/org.maven.ide.components.maven_model_edit_1.0.0.20080331-1600
    plugins/org.maven.ide.components.maven_scm_1.0.0.20080410-2200
    plugins/org.maven.ide.components.nexus_indexer_1.0.0.20080331-1600
    plugins/org.maven.ide.components.qname_1.0.0.20080331-1600
    plugins/org.maven.ide.eclipse_0.9.3.zmyeclipse650200806.jar
    plugins/org.maven.ide.eclipse.central_0.9.1.zmyeclipse650200806.jar
    plugins/org.maven.ide.eclipse.scm_0.9.2.zmyeclipse650200806.jar

#287593 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

What’s the workaround?

#287614 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys,
    While the removal of the plugin may work now, it’s not a scenario we support or tested… so keep your eyes peeled for odd behavior *if* you decide to go down this path (like Wizards failing, stuff like that). If it works fine for you, then all the better.

Our official workaround for folks that must have m2eclipse support is to step back to 6.0.1 and install it there; I know we covered that, just reminding folks.

And as for the “Why did you remove XYZ from m2eclipse?!” question, I answered it earlier in the thread.

#288854 Reply

ibrandt
    Participant

@dustmachine wrote:

Here’s what I did to manually uninstall Maven4MyEclipse: …

Worked for me. Got a one-time error about restoring the workspace on start-up, but that was to be expected. I’m now back to contributing to maven based open-source projects on the side.

[Edit: Oops, missed page 2 of this thread at first. Deleting the list of features and plugins I removed as that’s already been posted.]

I look forward to trying a Maven4MyEclipse that can import existing projects…

#288859 Reply

leej

Where is the link to 6.0.1?

#288865 Reply

Paolo Denti

@msquared wrote:

Like many others here, I find Maven4MyEclipse to be a major step BACKWARDS in functionality from the plain-old m2eclipse plugin.
    What in the world were you thinking to actually REMOVE from m2eclipse the standard maven project structure?
    Simply defies all belief!

Fortunately I have found that by deleting the items below, MyEclipse6.5 seems to work perfectly fine with the standard m2eclipse plugin instead of Maven4MyEclipse:
    The only functional loss is that web deployments no longer filter out scope=provided or test, but I have a workaround for that
    ….

@daorriss wrote:

What’s the workaround?

yes, please, that could be interesting for everybody

thanks

#288866 Reply

Paolo Denti

@leej wrote:

Where is the link to 6.0.1?

+1
    i can find the 5.5 and 6.5 but not the 6.0.1

#288880 Reply

leej

bump…

Really need the 6.0.1 version for Maven functionality…

#288883 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sorry guys, it got archived, here you go:
    http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/6.0.1GA/MyEclipse_6.0.1GA_E3.3.1_FullStackInstaller.exe

Also, all this should be fixed in 7.0M2 and 7.0GA, so hopefully this “6.0.1+m2eclipse” is a temporary workaround, thanks for being patient.

#288954 Reply

Paolo Denti

@support-rkalla wrote:

Sorry guys, it got archived, here you go:
    http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/6.0.1GA/MyEclipse_6.0.1GA_E3.3.1_FullStackInstaller.exe

Also, all this should be fixed in 7.0M2 and 7.0GA, so hopefully this “6.0.1+m2eclipse” is a temporary workaround, thanks for being patient.

could you please post the link for the os x version too ?
    thanks

#289430 Reply

Riyad Kalla
    #289705 Reply

carinoh

I would like a clarification on the subject of disabling Maven capabilities in MyElcipse 7. Are there no supported way to disable Maven in this release? Have you any plan for future release to make this possible?

We have about 200 using MyEclipse 6.0.1 and about 50-100 users with Eclipse 3.3. We will distribute Eclipse 3.4 next week but see no possibility to distribute the next release of MyEcipse 7 due to the Maven integration to MyEclispe. We are using build tools that are not compatible with Maven, and it is not on the horizont to do the conversion to Maven yet.

#289706 Reply

@carinoh wrote:

I would like a clarification on the subject of disabling Maven capabilities in MyElcipse 7. Are there no supported way to disable Maven in this release? Have you any plan for future release to make this possible?

We have about 200 using MyEclipse 6.0.1 and about 50-100 users with Eclipse 3.3. We will distribute Eclipse 3.4 next week but see no possibility to distribute the next release of MyEcipse 7 due to the Maven integration to MyEclispe. We are using build tools that are not compatible with Maven, and it is not on the horizont to do the conversion to Maven yet.

1. You can disable Maven4MyEclipse on the preference page in MyEclipse 7.0 M2.
    2. MyEclipse does not mandate using Maven with your project. It should not conflict with any tools.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
Reply To: How to disable MyEclipse Maven capabilities?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in