facebook

How to disable MyEclipse Maven capabilities?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Paul Webber

@support-eugene wrote:

1. You can disable Maven4MyEclipse on the preference page in MyEclipse 7.0 M2.
    2. MyEclipse does not mandate using Maven with your project. It should not conflict with any tools.

I have disabled Maven4MyEclipse but it still updates the indexes from the maven central repository (central : http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ in the Maven Indexes view). I don’t know what the effect is, except a waste of bandwidth for something I don’t need or want.

So how can I disable the maven2 index update?

Thanks,
    Paul

#291590 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Paul,

I have no idea. Maven4MyEclipse cannot function correctly without that resolution and I imagine for base m2 that’s probably the same.

#292075 Reply

ernestz

Following up on this, I too just noticed that ME 6.6 and 7.0 both update these indexes, and seem to create/maintain a file (_1l.cfs) which is almost 64MB. Even if I disable Maven4MyEclipse, ME 6.6 and ME7 waste bandwidth and file space updating some feature I disabled.

Still no way to totally disable Maven7MyEclipse?

#292278 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Not *totally*, but you can go to the Maven4MyEclipse preferences under MyEclipse, and tell it to not update the index on restart and it will never update that file again. The reason it updates it atleast once is because the Maven dependency management is busted without it — which is a really crumby user experience.

#292309 Reply

ernestz

The reason it updates it atleast once is because the Maven dependency management is busted without it — which is a really crumby user experience.

Agreed …. especially if the user does not need or require Maven capabilities.

#292923 Reply

Rob Young

This message has not been recovered.

#292965 Reply

#300610 Reply

Mickey Barton
    Participant

@support-rkalla wrote:

Not *totally*, but you can go to the Maven4MyEclipse preferences under MyEclipse, and tell it to not update the index on restart and it will never update that file again. The reason it updates it atleast once is because the Maven dependency management is busted without it — which is a really crumby user experience.

I am using ME 7.5
    In order to tell it to not update you have to enable Maven. I do not want to enable Maven.
    So how do i turn off maven updates and not have maven enabled?

#300611 Reply

The anable/disable feature only shows/hides the UI. You can “enable”, turn off index download, disable.

#300612 Reply

Mickey Barton
    Participant

Thanks, That worked. I have another question.
    What does the offline setting do on the M4ME properties page do?

#300614 Reply

@mlbartonsr wrote:

Thanks, That worked. I have another question.
    What does the offline setting do on the M4ME properties page do?

It tells ME to expect that connection might be absent 🙁 It is still not working very well, unfortunately.

#302823 Reply

Wayne Lund

i have been completely unable to get maven to work in MyEclipse. I’m finding the notes about m2eclipse not being able to install and I’m experiencing the same messages but how do I use m2eclipse? Not being able to use m2eclipse means dropping MyEclipse at the end of the eval.

#303070 Reply

Mike

“Getting out long stick to poke beehive with”
    I’ve started moving a lot of my stuff over to Netbeans over this issue. Its really a shame, I enjoy working in MyEclipse, but this issue just makes it a non-starter. The Netbeans maven connector, I check out a project that has a pom at its root, and wham, I’ve got full support. It worked that way pretty much with M2Eclipse too, until you “simplified” it.
    Ah well, maybe someday I’ll be able to use something OTHER than the database part.

#306048 Reply

hoshposh

#498065 Reply

asbutovq331
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
Reply To: How to disable MyEclipse Maven capabilities?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in