facebook

How to increase memory of Node instance used by Webclipse?

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

maxime-gamboni
    Participant

I’m working on a large TypeScript/Angular project.

Nearly all interactions with Typescript features (Project>Build, Navigate>Open TypeScript Symbol, navigation to references, etc) trigger an error like the following:

An internal error occurred during: “Delegating resource changes to editor language endpoint…”.
    The node process has crashed.
    Last 6 lines of error console output:
    Bridge type: editor
    Running with TS version:2.4.2
    Initializing endpoint language in version 2.4.2
    Initializing endpoint tslint in version none
    Initializing endpoint angular in version 5.0.0
    FATAL ERROR: CALL_AND_RETRY_LAST Allocation failed – process out of memory

My question is, where and how can I increase the memory made available to the node process?

#616453 Reply

support-swapna

maxime,

CodeMix is the next generation of Webclipse which brings VS Code smarts, and Code OSS extensions to Eclipse and gives you a better development experience for existing tech like HTML, CSS, JS and Angular, and it also supports new technologies, like Vue and React among dozens of others.

Is there any reason why you are still working with Webclipse? I strongly recommend you upgrade to CodeMix. Your Webclipse license will be valid for CodeMix as well. If you are still seeing memory issues with CodeMix, then we will investigate further.

Please let us know if you have any concerns/constraints upgrading to CodeMix.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#616455 Reply

maxime-gamboni
    Participant

Hello Swapna, thank you for your answer.

We had tried CodeMix when it was released and it was extremely unstable with even basic text-edition functionality breaking randomly, not to mention TypeScript functionality (completion, go-to-definition, etc) being unreliable. All this while Webclipse was working well. We use only TypeScript, (Angular) HTML and (S)CSS in our project so we didn’t see the need for the additional features you mentioned.

I will give it another try, hopefully those issues have been fixed since.

Thank you,

#616466 Reply

maxime-gamboni
    Participant

There are some minor issues but things seem okay with CodeMix for now (at least no out-of-memory errors).

Thanks

#616470 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Maxime,

Thank you for your candid feedback, CodeMix has changed a fair bit since our first few versions, and we’re glad it is now a better experience for you.

If you can spare a few minutes, we’d be really interested in hearing about the issues you are currently facing – our dev team can take a look at making fixes in our upcoming releases.

Thanks!

#616472 Reply

maxime-gamboni
    Participant

Hello Brian,

I think it is better I wait a few days to get a better feel of what works and what doesn’t.
    For instance the ctrl-shift-T “symbol search” used to show unreadable black text on dark grey, but I was able to fix it by changing the theme. Or: a while ago I was unable to select an item after typing it in that box. Pressing enter or clicking/double-clicking on one wouldn’t do anything. But now it works.

Main issue at the moment is that it looks like TypeScript integration has trouble “waking up” after starting. I hover the mouse on any language element, even a string/Boolean literal and it just says “Loading…” instead of telling me that’s a function, a String, a Boolean, etc. Even hovering on a keyword like “public” or a symbol like a pair of brackets pops up the “Loading…” box. In that state, “go-to-definition” (F3 or ctrl-click) doesn’t work, although highlight occurences work.
    After it has “woken up”, things work well.
    Before, I was able to make it work with Project>Clean but this time (after I had to restart for unrelated reasons) I haven’t managed to get it to work yet.

#616476 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Maxime,

Yes, you’ll certainly have a better feel for the product after a few days of solid use – counting on your feedback then too!

Regardless, thank you for the quick reply on the, “waking up” issue – I have seen this occasionally as well, and we can start investigating this right away.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: How to increase memory of Node instance used by Webclipse?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in