facebook

How to share icons

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

gayanper
    Participant

Hi I have two eclipse installation where i have devstyle installed. I have changed some icons in one installation where i also have the icon designer installed. How can i share to icons to my other eclipse installation ?

#617288 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello! The fastest way to accomplish this is by copying <home>/.webclipse/replacement-images.json to your other machines.

It would be cool if you also share your customizations by clicking the sync button at the Icon Designer toolbar (if you haven’t done already). It will upload your icons to us, once we moderate and moderate them other DevStyle installations will automatically download and synchronize. Moderation usually takes some time.

Let me know if you have any concern,
    Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

#617295 Reply

gayanper
    Participant

Hi Aaron,
    Sure i will try this and update here.

Thanks,
    Gayan

#617410 Reply

gayanper
    Participant

Hi Aaron,
    I did trying the copying option but it didn’t worked, Do i need to edit any thing in the file ? I created the replacement-images.json on a linux machine and copied to a windows machine eclipse can that be a problem ?

Thanks,
    Gayan.

#617411 Reply

gayanper
    Participant

By the way does this file get written to disk after exiting eclipse ? Because i opened the file and checked for the icons i replaced, but i cannot find the files there.

Thanks,
    Gayan.

#617444 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello Gayan, sorry that the suggestion didn’t work for you. Yes, the file gets written once Eclipse is closed. Copying them across OSes should be supported. Make sure you don’t have any Eclipse open when you copy over your file.

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: How to share icons

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in