facebook

iBatis support

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
  • Author

+1 for iBatis support : very useful for deparmental-type applications (i.e. where fast times-to-market are most visible).

#233133 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys from purely a technical standpoint, can some of you give your impressions of why you went with iBatis over Hibernate? Was this because the domain model was in place? How many of you decided to use iBatis even though you got to design the app from the ground up?

#233151 Reply

Yes, precisely that. “SLQ maps” and the basic DAO pattern implicit in iBatis was the most painless (i.e. risk- and time-minimizing) option in my case. Again, for departmental-type apps (20-25 users, not geographically concentrated, high-added-value task on existing data model).

#233351 Reply

Daniel Hodnett
    Participant

+1 for iBatis support
    … iBatis appears to be a better fit when writing new applications against a legacy db model. We actually started our project with Hibernate against a set of existing/legacy db tables, and after a couple weeks of struggling with the ‘square peg’ and the ’round hole’ we decided to try iBatis. Some on our team like iBatis for its strong SQL perspective.

#233353 Reply

antoine

+1 for iBatis
    I use it on legacy db model that I can’t bend to put in Hibernate

#233414 Reply

+10 iBatis. If that doesn’t work, then I’ll just have to say +1. 😀

#233423 Reply

cbegin

+1 for iBATIS. 😀

If you have any questions, let us know.

Clinton Begin
    Creator of iBATIS

#233620 Reply

Gents, for my information (mid-term skills planning, actually) : In the purely hypothetical case that you will be coming up with a “iBatis”- Modeler or GUI-Assistant or whatever, what would a very rough time-frame for its introduction be ?

Clinton, what’s your take on that ? How difficult would that be, given that the MyEclipse team already has chewed on ORM-notions for their hibernate plugin ?

#233637 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We aren’t discussing any new features or timelines until 4.0 is out, everything is getting filed for evaluation after the fact.

#234665 Reply

tbrantb

+1

#235200 Reply

sonofseven

count me in

#235611 Reply

+1

#237573 Reply

+1 for Ibatis.

I’m using it now because Hibernate was just too “magic” for me. (Ok, so that’s a very non-technical reason.) I’m finding that I can much more easily get stuff up and running with IBatis, and it’s a lot easier for DBA’s to deal with (with the SQL available) than Hibernate has been.

For me. YMMV. I’m not a Hibernate expert.

#237595 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This message has not been recovered.

#238687 Reply

jcblitz

+1 iBatis.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 91 total)
Reply To: iBatis support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in