facebook

iBatis support

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • Author

shekharv

Another one for iBatis!!!

TY

#248679 Reply

1 for iBatis.

#248681 Reply

I am using the SpringFramework to manage iBatis in MyEclipse would that still not work?

Using Spring’s iBatis wrapper classes etc.
    e.g. org.springframework.orm.ibatis.support.SqlMapClientDaoSupport

OC4jJ 10.1.2
    I built my web & ejb apps to the J2EE 1.3 specs
    WinXP
    JSDK 1.4.2_06

I have spent all day trying to get it goin with no success. it fails while accessing “getSqlMapClientTemplate()” with a NullPointerException. As if Spring cannot instaniate the class during startup.

if there is a work around please let me know. I just started using MyEclipse March 13, 2006 and think it is a wonderful IDE. But i will have to let the trial expire until iBatis is supported. My project environment in seet in stone.

any insight is appreciated.

#248683 Reply

Riyad Kalla

j2ee,
    As far as your Spring question please check the Spring or iBatis forums, this is a general programming questio and should work AFAIK. Likely a setting somewhere.

As far as iBatis support, we won’t have it before your trial expires, but you are welcome to try the iBator plugin from the iBatis group and send us feedback to see if it provides some functionality you think we should integrate.

#248841 Reply

I am almost too ashamed to admit my mistake since it take an entire day to figure out. 🙁 I mistakenly deleted “org.springframework.web.struts.DelegatingRequestProcessor” from my struts-config.xml.

I did a cut a paste job from another project that I doing utilizing Tiles. Since I am not using Tiles on this project,which I started with MyEclipse, I deleted the Tiles info and must have deleted the request delegator.

I am really enjoying MyEclipse and bought it today.

#248848 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Well we appreciate your support and hope you all will like 5.0. While iBatis support won’t be part of the 5.0 release specifically we have a lot of really great things planned and are working with some really great groups to pull better support in for more general technologies.

I guess all that really boils down to is “Rocking tools for $30 or $50” depending on which version you bought.

#250154 Reply

#250268 Reply

Detlef Kriegel
    Participant

#250537 Reply

antoine

+2 for iBatis

#250577 Reply

beiker

+1 for iBATIS

#250589 Reply

chololo

+1 to Ibatis.

#250900 Reply

jgippert

I´m a bit late voting for it but I´d like to have a plugin for iBATIS, too 🙂

#251353 Reply

my Vote for IBATIS as well, I find it very flexible and extremly to the point framework, it does what I need and does it well and fast. GUI tool would be great.

#251567 Reply

good4evil

+1 for ibatis

#253428 Reply

+1 for iBatis

I have tried the abator plugin and it seems to work well enough for generating most of the stuff needed. However, it’s a major PITA to create new sqlmap files or edit the existing ones. Here, the integration with the DB tools will be a huge success, as with SQL auto-complete it’s going to be very easy to do this.

Also, abator overwrites all the fields it generates. Claims to leave alone your hand crafted code, but I haven’t tried that yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 91 total)
Reply To: iBatis support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in