With Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers, Version: Neon.3 Release (4.6.3), running under Ubuntu 16.04.
Steps to reproduce:
– Set the Theme to Darkest Dark.
– Optional: enable DevStyle preview.
– Set Editor Colors (or Workbench Theme) to dark gray.
– Click on any window different from the editor.
– All icons in the editor get a ugly white background which make them difficult to recognize (see screenshot below)
– Clicking inside the editor restores the icons to their normal appearance.
The same happens with other windows, different from the editor, for instance with the Console (see second screenshot).