facebook

Illegal reflective access in MyEclipse component

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mork
    Participant

My SOAP service stopped working again. It seems if I wait a few months, something, the Java version, or something else will have changed and I have to basically start over (“Create a Web Service Project, …). I’m not sure why, but SOAP services seem extremely brittle.

This morning, trying to run the formerly-working SOAP service just gave ma a screen full of errors (again).

Here are some ones that apply to some illegal accesses that could be causing the errors — see below

Have these been resolved in recent builds?

Thanks,

—-

Trying to run the client….

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
    WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.opt.Injector$1 (file:/Applications/MyEclipse%20CI/MyEclipse%20CI.app/Contents/Profile/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.ws.xfire_13.0.0.me201812061423/lib/webservices-rt.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int)
    WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.opt.Injector$1
    WARNING: Use –illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
    WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

=====

Trying to do a Maven build of the formerly-working project, gave me these errors:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
    WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.opt.Injector$1 (file:/Applications/MyEclipse%20CI/MyEclipse%20CI.app/Contents/Profile/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.ws.xfire_13.0.0.me201812061423/lib/webservices-rt.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(java.lang.String,byte[],int,int)
    WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.reflect.opt.Injector$1
    WARNING: Use –illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
    WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

===

Do I really need to start over … Again?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Mork.
    #630042 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Mork,

Java of late has been making some changes that are breaking some older applications, starting with Java 9. The issues you are seeing appears to be related to restricted access to internal APIs, something that would affect older versions of JAXB (part of the web services JAR). This is not something MyEclipse has much control over.

Unless you specifically need to move to a newer version of Java, the most expedient solution would be to not try and re-create the webservices, but checking the Java version you’re running with and going back to an earlier version. Just keep your existing code and change the version of Java it is running with.

As far as the JAXB issue itself is concerned, it looks like we’ll have to update the generation wizards in MyEclipse to create projects with more recent versions of the libraries which support Java 11+.

#630046 Reply

Mork
    Participant

OK. Good suggestion. I did update my Java version back to Amazon Corretto 8.

However, I had an issue where I tried to restore my backed up my Workspaces folder, but the web services project I needed was missing configuration files and would not open. It opened fine earlier. I had deleted the workspaces folder after making changes and wanting to restore from a backup.

The error I was getting was the “EDT” error where the JDBC driver wants more info than had worked previously. I had fixed that but then could not get the web services project to open from the restored backup.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks,

#630053 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Mork,

Difficult to say what could cause the project to be un-openable. One key file is the .project file in the root of the project that contains the project metadata – does your backup have this? Do share more details on exactly what error you see when you attempt to open the project, including the error log.

Rather than going back to the earlier workspace, might not be too difficult to modify this one to use the previous Java version? How are you launching your web service client – is it a standalone Java program, or a Web Application?

#630063 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Yes, the .project file is there, but it’s in a sub-workspace folder.

I am having a problem (waiting to hear back on another posting) where trying to run the reverse engineering dialog doesn’t do anything. I posted what I’m doing. I’m using Amazon’s Corretto OpenJDK 8 distribution so I wonder if there are any problems with that.

In any case, I think I need to re-create the JAX_WS from scratch again once I can get the MyEclipse dialogs to work. I sent the information from the .log file as requested.

Thanks for your reply.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Illegal reflective access in MyEclipse component

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in