facebook

incompatible asm.jar between spring and hibernate?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I get this no such method error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.visit(IILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V
    at net.sf.cglib.core.ClassEmitter.begin_class(ClassEmitter.java:77)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory$Generator.generateClass(KeyFactory.java:173)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.DefaultGeneratorStrategy.generate(DefaultGeneratorStrategy.java:25)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.AbstractClassGenerator.create(AbstractClassGenerator.java:216)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory$Generator.create(KeyFactory.java:145)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.java:117)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.java:108)
    at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.java:104)
    at net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer.<clinit>(Enhancer.java:69)
    at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.cglib.CGLIBLazyInitializer.getProxyFactory(CGLIBLazyInitializer.java:117)
    at org.hibernate.proxy.pojo.cglib.CGLIBProxyFactory.postInstantiate(CGLIBProxyFactory.java:43)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.buildProxyFactory(PojoEntityTuplizer.java:162)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.AbstractEntityTuplizer.<init>(AbstractEntityTuplizer.java:135)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.<init>(PojoEntityTuplizer.java:55)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.EntityEntityModeToTuplizerMapping.<init>(EntityEntityModeToTuplizerMapping.java:56)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.EntityMetamodel.<init>(EntityMetamodel.java:295)
    at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.<init>(AbstractEntityPersister.java:434)
    at org.hibernate.persister.entity.SingleTableEntityPersister.<init>(SingleTableEntityPersister.java:109)
    at org.hibernate.persister.PersisterFactory.createClassPersister(PersisterFactory.java:55)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:226)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1294)

may be related to this:
    http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-2222?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_26759

#299130 Reply

Found my own solution, <whew> trick is to remove from project one jar,

https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?p=2373390#2373390

“The resolution is to have cglib-nodep-2.1_3.jar in the classpath and delete the cglib-2.1.3.jar and asm.jar. ”

I only had to delete the cglib-2.1.3.jar – the nodep was already there and the asm.jar appears not to hurt at this time. I am not that sophisticated in this area so I was just following what had worked for others, and am posting it here for comment. Would love to hear the gospel about this.

thanks!
    owen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: incompatible asm.jar between spring and hibernate?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in