facebook

Initial thoughts

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jonnny
    Participant

Hi

Like the looks and feel of CodeMix a lot. I’m noticing the following though. (I’m using it with Yii2)

1) I’m finding that the autocomplete is quite slow and often only returns PHP classes rather than my own. I’ve shown an example.

2) say I want to use autocomplete to file_put_contents, when I click on the function or use enter, I just get \file_put_contents. Where file_put_contents($filename, $data); or something similar I think would be more helpful.

3) I don’t know if this was the default in eclipse, but I note if I’m opening project explorer (I have a very large system) and I for instance want to see the path of a really/long/path/with/many/folders so I can type it into a file. When I click into the file I want to type this really long path too, the project explorer jumps to this file. Which I see the logic behind, but sometimes it might not be the desired behavior in larger projects and the two panels working independently might be better – just a though

These things may all be just my own mis-configuration, so if anyone has any solutions please let me know.

Thanks

Jonathon

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by jonnny.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #581716 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jonathan,

I’m glad you’re enjoying CodeMix so far – let me try to address some of your concerns:

1) Are you saying PHP classes that you defined are not being picked up, but default PHP classes are? i.e. the content assist should have shown you app\components but it does not?

2) I agree – we need to provide additional assistance after you autocomplete the method. I’m happy to report this is already on our todo list for delivery in the next few weeks.

3) In the toolbar area of the Project Explorer, there is a “Link with Editor” toggle – if this is enabled, opening a file will cause the selection to jump in the explorer. Does turning this off help? If off, you can always use the Show In > X Explorer action to have the explorer change selection to the file being currently edited.

#581845 Reply

jonnny
    Participant

Hi Biran

Thanks for the reply.

1) Yes, Things that I’ve defined aren’t populated. I just tried a few other classes we have and none of the namespaces populate.

2) Great!

3) Also great!

#581936 Reply

jonnny
    Participant

I also find that my docblock that I was using in eclipse doesn’t work in the same way.
    For a given function

public function getCurrentFiscalYear(string $name) : Int

I get in code mix

/**
     */

But I’d expect or was getting in Eclipse previously

/**
     * @param $name string
     * @return Int
     */

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by jonnny.
    #583996 Reply

Brian Fernandes

We seem to have missed your comment about the docblock – how are you inserting this for PHP?

#584001 Reply

jonnny
    Participant

In Eclipse prior to CodeMix it was just a snippet I guess, so “/**” and it would populate everything based on the function immediately below.

#584006 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thanks, and I see now how it’s different.

An unrelated question – do you still have the Eclipse PHP tooling (PDT) installed? Or do you have CodeMix installed into a fresh Eclipse instance?

#584016 Reply

jonnny
    Participant

I don’t know. I think so based on what I found.
    I normally download from here: https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/Oxygen/3A
    But not entirely sure which package

I’ve attached a screenshot that might help let you know what I have

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #584021 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Looks like “Eclipse for PHP developers” is what you downloaded and you still have installed (this is what I meant by PDT) – thanks.

#584059 Reply

jonnny
    Participant

Ok,

Let me know if I need to delete some things in order to help CodeMix

Thanks

Jonny

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Initial thoughts

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in