facebook

Installing latest version of Devstyle in STM32CubeIDE Breaks all styling

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

JBayleyKISPE
    Participant

Hey all,

I’m an embedded engineer using STM32CubeIDE, which is a modified version of Eclipse.
    I’ve been able to use Darkest Dark Theme for years with this IDE with no issues. But today I updated to the latest version of Devstyle and it has completely broken all my code editors, styling etc.

I’ve tried reinstalling the IDE and Devstyle multiple times on different versions of the IDE. But that doesn’t seem to be the issue as I’ve also tried installing the IDE on my personal computer at home and get the same problem with Devstyle.

You can see from the screenshots I’ve taken what’s going on. I’ll talk about each image:

1) This is a fresh installation of STM32CubeIDE, you can see all the nice styling and colours.

2) This is after installing Devstyle & Darkest Dark Theme via the Eclipse Marketplace. You can see the editors and other windows can’t even be found.

3) This is after uninstalling Devstyle & Darkest Dark Theme via the Eclipse Marketplace. Nothing has changed except for the theme of the UI.

Previous installations have worked seamlessly, so I’m inclined to think there may be an issue with Devstyle specifically with STM32CubeIDE.

Any help would be appreciated as I love this plugin.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by JBayleyKISPE.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #694581 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with DevStyle. Thank you for the screenshots. I just tested STM32CubeIDE 1.10.1 with DevStyle Darkest Dark and do not see the reported issues.

Can you please try starting the STM32CubeIDE with -clean command args, switch to a new workspace and check if the issue persists?
    C:\STM32CubeIDE_1.10.1>stm32cubeide.exe -clean
    If the issue persists in the new workspace as well, then please share the below details :
    1. The .log file located at <Workspace dir>/.metadata/.log (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here)
    2. OS and version details.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#694583 Reply

JBayleyKISPE
    Participant

Hey,

No worries. I’ve just done a clean install of STM32CubeIDE 1.10.1 so that we are working off the same version.

I’ve opened the IDE using -clean, opened a new workspace and a lot of functionality has stopped. I’m missing the C/C++ perspective. And the editor doesn’t show any styling. Note this is the same behaviour observed on multiple machines.

I’ll attach the .log file.

My OS is “Windows 10.0.22000 Build 22000”.

Darkest Dark Theme with Devstyle Version “2022.6.13a”

#694584 Reply

JBayleyKISPE
    Participant

Sorry. Let me try the .log again. I’ve also attached an image of what the IDE looks like with the editor.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #694596 Reply

smercurio
    Participant

I see this happening on STMCubeIDE v1.11.0 as well. v1.10.1 does not have the issue. I had performed a clean install of v1.11.0 (into its own folder) and used a new workspace. After installing DevStyle, the IDE broke as indicated above. Additionally, the File -> New menu did not show any of the possible project types.

#694600 Reply

JBayleyKISPE
    Participant

I’m having the exact same behaviour as you smercurio. But with all versions. Even as far back as 1.6.

#694612 Reply

Fuuzz
    Participant

Exact same problem as described by smercurio and JBayleyKISPE here.

Fresh install of STM32 Cube IDE 1.11.0 , new workspace.
    Windows 11 x64

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Fuuzz.
    #694639 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you all for the details and the screenshots. We managed to replicate the problem at our end.
    We are looking into it and we will get back to you soon.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#694686 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

One of the users has posted a workaround for this problem. On a fresh install of the IDE, untick the CDT site in “Available Software Sites” (Help >Install New Software > click on “Manage”), and then install DevStyle from Marketplace.

Hope this helps.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#695411 Reply

Aliasmk
    Participant

I had this issue after installing on STM32CubeIDE 1.11.1. I updated to 1.11.2 (no fresh install needed) and it seems to have fixed the problem.

#695438 Reply

smercurio
    Participant

Confirmed. It seems to work correctly in 1.11.2.

#695439 Reply

support-swapna

Aliasmk/smercurio,

Glad that the DevStyle installs fine on the latest STM32CubeIDE. Thank you for letting us know.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Installing latest version of Devstyle in STM32CubeIDE Breaks all styling

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in