facebook

Installing Subversion Service Plug in

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I try to install subversion plug in for MyEclipse 9.0.When I go DashBoard and Software in Software Center, subversion seems in my installed software.But I did not get any verification that plug in is installed and restart MyEclipse.Also when I search views of MyEclipse(Search,Server) ı can not see any related subversion view.

I realize that Problem occurs after click on [Apply x changes] .It takes too much time and it is ended with error.ıI can not follow the wizard.what can be cause of this?

#317876 Reply

support-swapna

deryaaltuntas,

Can you answer some more questions for me to understand the issue better?

1) How did you install Subversion ? If you installed it through an update site, please share the link here. Also make sure that the version of the plugin is compatible with the base Eclipse 3.6 version.

2) Go to Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench > Installation Details > Plugins. Check if you see Subversion in the list of installed plugins. If yes then the plugin is installed to the IDE.

3) Can you switch to SVN view from Window > Open Perspective > SVN Repository Exploring Perspective? Do you see any errors while doing so?

4) Can you check the .log file for any errors of interest ? The .log file is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log. Paste the errors of interest here.

#317879 Reply

Hello I realize that Subversion can not be installed in my system.
    Installation is ended with errors.So I have answer your question 2 and 3.
    I am not installing using an update site.When I open configuration center or pulse explorer,
    subversion plug is in listed “Quic Add-on List”.I am checking checkbox.Then I think it is
    adding plug in to my profile.When I press “Apply changes”, Folowing error occurs.

This is pulse explorer error message
    An error occurred while installing the items
    session context was:(profile=com.poweredbypulse.profile-0-rb-2288954-1308924440178, phase=com.genuitec.pulse2.client.common.download.PulseInstall, operand=null –> [R]com.sun.jna 3.2.7, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.InstallBundleAction).
    java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in scheme name at index 0: %23C:%5CProgram%20Files%5CGenuitec%5CCommon%5Cbinary%5Ccom.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013%5Cjre%5Cbin%5Cclient%5Cjvm.dll
    java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in scheme name at index 0: %23C:%5CProgram%20Files%5CGenuitec%5CCommon%5Cbinary%5Ccom.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013%5Cjre%5Cbin%5Cclient%5Cjvm.dll

An error occurred while installing the items
    session context was:(profile=com.poweredbypulse.profile-0-rb-2288954-1308924440178, phase=com.genuitec.pulse2.client.common.download.PulseInstall, operand=null –> [R]com.sun.jna 3.2.7, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.InstallBundleAction).

This is ./log error message

!SESSION 2011-07-01 10:54:34.983 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.6.0_23
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_GB
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2011-07-01 10:54:47.281
    !MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred. They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2011-07-01 10:54:47.281
    !MESSAGE A conflict occurred for SHIFT+DEL:
    Binding(SHIFT+DEL,
    ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.result.removeAllInstances,Remove All Visible Results,
    Category(org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.result.category,SQL Results View,null,true),
    ,,true),null),
    org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
    org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
    Binding(SHIFT+DEL,
    ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.ui.edit.cut,Cut,
    Cut the selection to the clipboard,
    Category(org.eclipse.ui.category.edit,Edit,null,true),
    org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WidgetMethodHandler@b2ee9a,
    ,,true),null),
    org.eclipse.ui.contexts.dialogAndWindow,,,system)
    Binding(SHIFT+DEL,
    ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.topcased.modeler.deleteModelObject,Delete From Model,
    Allows the user to delete the selected graph element and its associated model element in a Topcased editor.,
    Category(org.eclipse.ui.category.edit,Edit,null,true),
    ,,true),null),
    org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 2 0 2011-07-01 10:54:47.359
    !MESSAGE A handler conflict occurred. This may disable some commands.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui.workbench 2 0 2011-07-01 10:54:47.359
    !MESSAGE Conflict for ‘com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.runonservershortcut.debug’:
    HandlerActivation(commandId=com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.runonservershortcut.debug,
    handler=org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchShortcutExtension$LaunchCommandHandler@d13a01,
    expression=,sourcePriority=0)
    HandlerActivation(commandId=com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.runonservershortcut.debug,
    handler=org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchShortcutExtension$LaunchCommandHandler@374a56,
    expression=,sourcePriority=0)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2011-07-01 10:54:52.359
    !MESSAGE NLS unused message: prompt_optclasspath in: com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.core.configuration

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2011-07-01 10:54:52.374
    !MESSAGE NLS unused message: prompt_preclasspath in: com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.core.configuration

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2011-07-01 10:54:52.390
    !MESSAGE NLS unused message: prompt_optlibrarypath in: com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.core.configuration

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2011-07-01 10:55:31.532
    !MESSAGE System property https.proxyHost is set to frigya.siemens.com.tr but should not be set.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.net 1 0 2011-07-01 10:55:31.548
    !MESSAGE System property https.proxyPort is set to 3128 but should not be set.

!ENTRY org.maven.ide.eclipse 4 0 2011-07-01 10:56:16.236
    !MESSAGE Unable to update index for central|http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
    !STACK 0
    java.io.IOException: Transfer for nexus-maven-repository-index.properties failed; Transfer error: Connection timed out: no further information
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater$WagonFetcher.retrieve(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:693)
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.AbstractResourceFetcher.retrieve(AbstractResourceFetcher.java:22)
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater.downloadIndexProperties(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:493)
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater.access$100(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:74)
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater$IndexAdaptor.setProperties(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:780)
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater.fetchAndUpdateIndex(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:954)
    at org.sonatype.nexus.index.updater.DefaultIndexUpdater.fetchAndUpdateIndex(DefaultIndexUpdater.java:138)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.index.NexusIndexManager.updateRemoteIndex(NexusIndexManager.java:1060)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.index.NexusIndexManager.updateIndex(NexusIndexManager.java:1013)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.index.NexusIndexManager$1.run(NexusIndexManager.java:624)
    at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.index.IndexUpdaterJob.run(IndexUpdaterJob.java:71)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

#317880 Reply

support-swapna

I realized cause of failure.I changed myeclipse ini file
    from
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Common\binary\com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
    To
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

Because I am using jdk1.6.0_23 in my projects.This cause problem.
    When I change default way, Subversion is installed.
    Another question?
    How can I change vm to use jdk1.6.0_23?

#317881 Reply

support-swapna

deryaaltuntas,

Thank you for the details.

Can you start the IDE with -clean args, switch to a new workspace and then try adding the Subversion plugin?
    Here is how to go with -clean : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

Let me know how this works for you.

#329568 Reply

tarunika

I tried to install Navigator JavaHL 1.6.1.15 but it is giving error.
    I am trying to install project in my eclipse on Windiows 7. I downloaded Subversion but it is not importing project.

Thanks,
    T

#329620 Reply

support-swapna

tarunika,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Can you please copy paste the Installation Details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details ?

2. Did you try installing Subversion manually or from an update site ? Please list the exact steps you followed to install Subversion.

3. Go to Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench > Installation Details > Plugins. Check if you see Subversion in the list of installed plugins. If yes then the plugin is installed to the IDE.

4. Can you switch to SVN view from Window > Open Perspective > SVN Repository Exploring Perspective? Do you see any errors while doing so?

5. What type of a project are you trying to import ? Is it a Maven project ?
    If its a maven project, you need to install SCM connector. Please check this FAQ :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/maven-how-to-install-maven-scm-connectors/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Installing Subversion Service Plug in

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in