facebook

Internal error on running long junit suite

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

javierpaniza
    Participant

Hi,

I have a suite about 1000 junit test that takes around a hour in complete. This suite fails when I install DevStyle theme in Eclipse for Java Developers (without additional plugins, just downloaded) with an internal error. I tried with 2020-06 and 2020-03. I tried the suite without your plugin and it works nice.

Eclipse shows a dialog with the message “An internal error occurred showing an internal error”.
    In the Eclipse log I have the exception:

org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Graphic is disposed
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4723)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4638)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4609)
    at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.GC.drawImageInPixels(GC.java:870)
    at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.GC.drawImage(GC.java:866)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Label.wmDrawChild(Label.java:602)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_DRAWITEM(Control.java:4920)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4732)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4749)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.CallWindowProc(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Label.callWindowProc(Label.java:123)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4819)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4757)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3522)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:823)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:799)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.dialogs.InternalErrorDialog.open(InternalErrorDialog.java:85)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEWorkbenchErrorHandler.openQuestionDialog(IDEWorkbenchErrorHandler.java:193)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEWorkbenchErrorHandler.handleException(IDEWorkbenchErrorHandler.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEWorkbenchErrorHandler.access$0(IDEWorkbenchErrorHandler.java:141)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEWorkbenchErrorHandler$1.runInUIThread(IDEWorkbenchErrorHandler.java:116)
    at org.eclipse.ui.progress.UIJob.lambda$0(UIJob.java:95)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:40)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:185)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3897)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3527)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1160)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1049)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:658)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:557)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:154)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)

I attach both screenshot and exception.

The suite I launched is open source, so you can launch it. Follow the next steps:
    1. Download OpenXava from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/openxava/files/openxava/6.3.2/
    2. Uncompress the openxava-6.3.2.zip, there you have a workspace.
    3. Open that workspace with an Eclipse with Darkest Theme.
    4. Run OpenXavaTest application, with Run As > Java Application over _Run_OpenXavaTest.java class, in src/_run package. You should use -Xmx2048m
    5. Run OpenXavaTest suite, with Run As > JUnit test over the OpenXavaTest project. You should use -Xmx2048m

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #660445 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Javier,

Thank you for the detailed report and the log file.
    1) We haven’t tested this yet, but do you mind letting us know if it fails with the Eclipse dark theme as well?
    2) When exactly does it fail, I’m assuming sometime while running step #5? After roughly how long?

Thanks!

#660483 Reply

support-swapna

Javier,

Thank you for the detailed steps. We could replicate the problem with DevStyle’s Dark theme at our end. The Eclipse Dark theme looks fine.
    I have filed a bug report for the dev team to look into this issue. We will keep you posted about our findings.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#660485 Reply

javierpaniza
    Participant

Hi Brian,

> it fails with the Eclipse dark theme as well?

It does not fail with Eclipse dark theme, but with the DevStyle not installed in Eclipse. Do you want I try with Eclipse Dark theme with an Eclipse with DevStyle installed?

> 2) When exactly does it fail, I’m assuming sometime while running step #5? After roughly how long?

About 300 tests, when the suite is around 1/3. I tried to remove the test where it failed, but then it fails in some other test, so it is not test specific.

Cheers

#660486 Reply

javierpaniza
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

> We could replicate the problem with DevStyle’s Dark theme at our end.

That’s fantastic.

#661688 Reply

javierpaniza
    Participant

Hi,

I tried with the latest version (1.11.0.202007171537) and still fails.

Also I tried with Mac (even the the old version) and it works, so it seems a Windows related problem.

Moreover, I tried run JUnit suites of other projects and it fails. Just run any JUnit suite around 300 test make it hangs.

#661689 Reply

support-swapna

Javier,

I am afraid the issue is not yet fixed due to other higher priority bugs. Thank you for letting us know that it works on MAC.
    I will follow up with the dev team and get back to you about the fix schedule.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#667839 Reply

javierpaniza
    Participant

Hi,

I tried with Eclipse 2020-09 and DevStyle 1.11.0.202007171537 and it still fails.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by javierpaniza.
    #667902 Reply

support-swapna

Javier,

The issue is not yet fixed. Sorry about it.
    I am afraid we do not have a timeline for the fix at this point. We will keep you posted about its progress.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#669206 Reply

javierpaniza
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I tried to run my suite using Eclipse 2020-12 and DevTheme 2020-12 and it worked, all the tests passed without any hanging. So the bug is fixed, maybe it was something collateral, but it’s fixed. Thanks.

You can close this issue.

#669385 Reply

support-swapna

Javier,

Glad that you are no longer seeing the issue with latest Eclipse release. Thank you for letting us know.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Internal error on running long junit suite

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in