facebook

Issue Creating Angular project in myeclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Genuitec,

We just install the myeclipse professional edition and I’m trying to create an angular project but I’m getting this: npm install(exit value:-1)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #531873 Reply

support-swapna

Villamor,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please clarify if you are behind a firewall or proxy? If yes, then you should configure the proxy details in MyEclipse here : Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections. As long as you have your proxy correctly configured in MyEclipse, you should have full access to all our Angular features.

If you are still seeing issues with angular project creation, then please share with us the output from the Terminal+ view for the project and the .log file located in workspace dir/.metadata/.log for further investigation.

Please let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#531947 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

I’m using native and I believe it is connecting to the internet because it was able to download jars using maven.
    May I know if npm is using exe(executable) somewhere in myeclipse installation directory because we got security check in all folders that does not allow exe to be executed unless that folder or name of exe is allowed in our system?
    I also notice that the terminal+ does not log anything and does not allow me at all to type anything. Screen attached.
    I also attached the .log

Attachments:
    #532048 Reply

support-swapna

Villamor,

Thank you for the details and the screenshot. All the executables we run are located by default in the .webclipse folder of the user home folder (example: C:/Users/XXX/.webclipse) including the Git-Bash on Windows. When you try to create an angular project, we download the NPM to the .webclipse folder and it looks like the project creation is failing due to permissions issue on the .webclipse folder.

Please refer to this tutorial for more information about how the Terminal+ works : https://www.genuitec.com/products/angular-ide/learning-center/cli-terminal/

If you already have Node and NPM versions installed in your system, then you can create projects using the system installations (New > Angular Project > select ‘Use system installation’ from the drop down for both Node.js and NPM). Please note that the project creation using system installs will only work for Node.js >= 6.9.0 and NPM >= 3.0.0.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#532108 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I do now all the access to execute exe files on all my profiles.
    And I do got full access for .webeclipse folder, attached
    I believe it was able to download all the required nodejs files as shown in the attachment.
    But still the same error.

Attachments:
    #532131 Reply

support-swapna

Villamor,

Sorry that you are still seeing issues.

Can you please switch to a new workspace, try creating angular project and let us know if the issue persists?

If yes, then please share with us some more details for further investigation :

1. The Angular CLI, Node and NPM versions you selected in the Angular Project creation wizard.
    2. The .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log.
    3. MyEclipse Installation Details from menu Help > Installation Summary > Installation Details.
    4. Also please select the project ( the one you just tried to create) in the Terminal+ view and share with us the output logged in the Terminal+ view to help us see if there are any errors logged during the project creation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#532303 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Swapna,
    Yes I did changed workspace, I even reinstall Myeclipse.
    Here are the details:
    Angular CLI = 1.1.0
    Node = Latest(8.2.1)
    NPM = Latest(3.10.10)

Installation Details:
    *** Date:
    Monday, 31 July 2017 10:31:39 AM AEST

*** System properties:
    OS=Windows7
    OS version=6.1.0
    OS arch=amd64
    Profile arch=x86_64
    Window system=win32
    Java version=1.8.0_112
    Workspace=file:/C:/Users/villamorn/tggapps/
    VM Args=-Xms256m
    -Xmx1024m
    -XX:+UseG1GC
    -XX:+UseStringDeduplication
    -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8
    -Dosgi.nls.warnings=ignore
    -jar
    C:\Users\villamorn\MyEclipse 2017\\plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.200.v20160318-1642.jar

I believe it was not able to instantiate the terminal+ because it is not even showing any directory prompt.
    But I attached the screenshoot anyway.

Attachments:
    #532305 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

log file

Attachments:
    #532353 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

This is also the configuration of the terminal but I’m just wondering why it does not even prompt to my workspace.

Attachments:
    #532402 Reply

support-swapna

Villamor,

Thank you for the log file and the screenshots.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2017-07-28 16:59:59.726
    !MESSAGE Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories: 'Z:\'. If this is not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse.

1. The above Git related message is logged in the log file you sent us. Can you please clarify what the ‘Z:\’ is ? There seems to be an issue with detecting the right home directory.The Git message should point to your user home dir i.e C:\Users\villamorn but it instead points to ‘Z:/’.

2. Can you please let us know what the user.home is set to? Go to menu Help > About MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench > Installation Details and switch to Configuration tab. Click ‘Copy to Clipboard’ and paste the copied details to a notepad and search for ‘user.home’.

3. Please also share with us screenshots of the contents of nodejs and npm folders located in your user home at : C:\Users\villamorn\.webclipse\

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#532430 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Swapna,
    – The HOME environment variable is set just like the screenshot.
    – As you can see in the HOME variable the z:\ directory is map to \\tggfileusers\villamorn$ variable which is “C:\Users\villamorn”
    – Attached is the 2 and 3 item.

Attachments:
    #532499 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Villamor,

I must say this really is an odd situation which we’re trying our best to figure out.

1) The Terminal > Local Terminal preference page contains settings for the Terminal view, not Terminal+. Terminal+ is what needs to work correctly for Angular project creation, so don’t bother with these other settings.

2) In a brand new workspace, create a simple Java project. Now open the Terminal+ view and select that project from the combo, do you get a prompt?
    Send us the error log from *this* workspace, this will hopefully be a more focussed log

3) Could you try running MyEclipse as an administrator?

4) Are there any network shares part of your configuration? For instance is c:\usres\villamorn actually not on the local machine?

5) We have fixed some network and proxy related issues in the CI release stream (CI 7 is a few releases post the Stable release you are working with). While I’m not sure it will fix your issues, do you mind installing and trying this release as well?

Apologies for the inconvenience caused – hoping we can figure this out

#532591 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I was able to create java and web project without any issues but the terminal+ does not have any prompt at all and I could not see any activities.
    I have attached the screenshot and .log of the work space.

I think there is something wrong with terminal+ in windows

Attachments:
    #532595 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Villamor,

Thanks for trying that. Actually, it looks like Terminal+ is working OK. You see the Welcome tab in Terminal+ but you haven’t yet started a terminal instance. You do this by clicking the “+” tab. You can start as many instances as you want for each project. When you click the + tab, you should see a terminal prompt. Please check this and let us know how you get on. If you see problems, please send the .log file as before.

#532597 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Support,

I actually tried that multiple times if I can get a prompt to my workspace or anywhere else but I could not see any prompt.

Attached screenshot

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
Reply To: Issue Creating Angular project in myeclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in