facebook

Issue Creating Angular project in myeclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Brian Fernandes

Villamor,

Okay – this is exactly where we’d like the log from. Can you send the log from the current attempt, now that you’ve tried to create a terminal?

#532603 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

This is the log from workspace after creating the java and web projects and clicking terminal+ but no prompt.
    Attached log

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #532605 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Support,

When clicking or instantiating a terminal+ does it call an .exe file? If yes which directory?

#532607 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Villamor,

Thanks for the .log file, it has no more content than the first .log file you sent. However, your question is a good one. I guess you have site security rules which block execution of programs from other than a set of specific locations. Is that right? In the case of Terminal+, that starts a bash.exe file at the following location: .webclipse\git-bash\usr\bin located under your home folder. In fact, several .exe and .cmd files may be run, when using the Angular tooling, which are located in sub-folders of the .webclipse folder. If you can get .webclipse and sub-folders added to the list of permitted locations for executable files, that should fix the issue.

Please let us know how you get on.

#532609 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Support,

I can see that the folder is empty.
    When is this git-bash be downloaded? During project creation? I thought terminal+ is part of myeclipse installation? Is there a manual way I can execute to install the git-bash in .webclipse?
    THe reason I asked because when project is created these are the only commands I can see:
    npm install @angular/cli@1.1.0
    npm install –save-dev angular-ide
    ng init -name tggtest

Attachments:
    #532740 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Villamor,

Thanks for that information. It indicates that the root of the problem is an inability for our tooling to reach the Internet sites needed to download necessary code. This includes git-bash, node and npm, as well as dependencies for your Angular projects.

The problem may come down to proxy settings or firewall settings that disallow certain sites. I see that you can download maven dependencies so it may be a firewall issue. MyEclipse needs to access multiple sites to perform its functions. At a minimum, the following sites need to be accessible: http://www.genuitec.com, http://www.myeclipseide.com/ and registry.npmjs.org, nodejs.org, though it may need to access other sites depending on the functionality and project setup (for example, code from github.com may need to be downloaded). However, if you can ensure that these sites are accessible, you should be able to create Angular projects. Note that there have been problems with the SOCKS proxy setting with eclipse and you should clear that entry if there is something specified in that network connections setting, regardless of whether Native is set or not (to clear, just select the SOCKS line – not the check box – and click Clear).

Regarding the name “webclipse”, we have a product named Webclipse, of which the Angular tooling is a part. Webclipse tools are included in MyEclipse and this is why you will see a .webclipse folder in your home folder.

Please let us know how you get on.

#532818 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Support,

First of all is there any specific port the ide is using to connect to this external sites?

And is there a way I can manually install this tools(webeclipse) in myeclipse?

The reason why I asked because I can manually execute the following from the command line and attached here is the output log:

npm install @angular/cli@1.1.0
    npm install –save-dev angular-ide
    ng init -name AngularSample

Attachments:
    #532867 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Support,

Can I manually install git-bash? I think this is the reason because it is trying to call the bash application but there is nothing.

#532868 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Villamour,

Sorry for the delay, I had replied but the reply doesn’t seem to have made it to the forum. Let me try again.

Yes, you can install git-bash yourself, external to MyEclipse. To do this, download the installer from https://git-scm.com/download/win and make sure to select the git-bash option, if it isn’t already selected, when running the installer. MyEclipse will detect this installation and use that instead of trying to download.

The fact that you can run those ng commands in an external terminal shows that you should be able to create and build Angular projects in MyEclipse.

As a way to test the network settings within MyEclipse, you can try opening an internal browser (Window->Show View->Other->General->Internal Web Browser) and go to https://www.genuitec.com. Please let us know the result.

Regarding the installation of Webclipse, as I previously mentioned, Webclipse functionality is included in MyEclipse, so there is no need to install it separately.

#533179 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Support,

So I was able to install git-bash in my computer. Now is there any configuration from myeclipse that I need to change to point to the external installation of git-bash? Because when I tried to create an angular project it is still giving me the same error.
    The test for the network settings is working fine. I was able to browse the web from Internal Web Browser.
    I attached the git-bash screen.

Attachments:
    #533325 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Villamor,

Sorry for the continued problems but we think we’ve found the problem. Please delete the .webclipse\git-bash folder under your home folder and re-launch MyEclipse (if you have it open when you delete the folder, it must be closed and restarted). We should have done a better job of reporting the error if that git-bash folder is empty, which would have led to a more rapid resolution, so please accept our apologies for that; we’ll be addressing that in future.

I’m not sure how there came to be an empty git-bash folder but that is probably a separate issue.

Please let us know how you get on and thanks for working with us to resolve this.

#533326 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Support,

Finally able to create project in myeclipse.
    Just got some error with tslint.json. Do I need to do anything to correct these errors?

Attachments:
    #533337 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Villamor,

It’s great that we finally managed to get to the root of your project creation problem and that you managed to create a project. There were some TSLint problems similar to yours, in earlier releases. As you are on the Stable stream, those fixes would not yet be available there but, if possible, could you try the latest CI release and see if you see the problem there? You can download the CI release from our website and install it alongside your Stable installation. You can also open the same workspace with both (though not at the same time).

Note that there is very little difference in stability between CI and Stable streams but the CI stream sees releases every few weeks, so bugs will be fixed quite quickly for you, on the CI stream, if you want to continue with that.

Please let us know if you can try a CI release and, if so, whether that fixes this TSLint problem.

#534137 Reply

Villamor
    Participant

Hi Support,

Is there a way to update the current Stable Version into CI stream without reinstalling the whole package? I saw steps for webclipse but not for the whole myeclipse.

Thanks,

#534165 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Villamor,

I’m afraid that there is no way to convert a Stable installation to a CI installation. The instructions for Webclipse are to do with using pre-release changes (there is only a CI stream in Webclipse). However, you can install MyEclipse 2017 CI alongside the Stable install and you can specify your existing workspace (provided you don’t have it open in the Stable install). Unfortunately, if you have other plugins installed in Stable, they would also have to be installed in CI.

I hope you’re able to use the CI installer and check your issues. Please let us know how you get on.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
Reply To: Issue Creating Angular project in myeclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in