facebook

Issues opening htm/html files

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

amavnet
    Participant

When I open any htm/html files My Eclipse goes into Not Responding. Then after a few minutes it opens. In the mean time my processor fan kicks up, so I know the processor is tasking high.

This happens on both My Eclipse HTML Editor and My Eclipse Visual HTML Designer.

I am asking if there is something not configured in my system correctly. I could not find any real fix for this issue. Please help.

Thank you.

#470788 Reply

support-swapna

amavnet,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please give us some more information?

1. Which version of MyEclipse are you working with? Please share the details from menu MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.
    2. Are you working with a large workspace? Can you please clarify if the issue is specific to only html files and other files like java,jsp open fine?
    3. Can you try increasing the memory i.e the -Xmx value in the myeclipse.ini file located in the MyEclipse installation dir and check if it fixes the issue? 64 bit version of MyEclipse requires more memory. If you are working with a large workspace then even a 32 bit install of MyEclipse does consume more memory.
    4. If the issue persists, please switch to a new workspace, replicate the issue and send us the .log file located at /.metadata/.log for further investigation.
    5. Also share with us the contents of the myeclipse.ini file.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#470819 Reply

amavnet
    Participant

Replying to your numbers.
    1. MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench Version: 2015 CI 19 Build id: 13.0.0-20160113

2. Java files open fine and fast no issues. I used to have an issue with the js files but now it seems to be working fine. only html files.

3. I am currently giving 1GB of ram. I am running the 64bit version.

4-5. Files attached.

also attaching a new error trying to get you the logs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #470821 Reply

amavnet
    Participant

attaching after file name change.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #470939 Reply

support-swapna

amavnet,

Thank you for the files. The log file reports OutOfMemoryError for Java heap space.
    Can you please try increasing the -Xmx value to greater than 1024m and check if it fixes the issue?

Please let us know if you have installed any third party plugins to MyEclipse. If the issue persists even after increasing the -Xmx, please share with us a sample html file that exhibits the problem to help us replicate the issue at our end.

Let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#471478 Reply

amavnet
    Participant

I am at 2GB of ram now. and it still has issues, but not as much. so i guess this is where i have to have it.
    ty

#471530 Reply

support-swapna

amavnet,

1. Are you working with a large workspace? Please let us know the approximate size of your workspace.

2. Are the html files large? Can you check if the issue persists with a simpler html file ?

3. After increasing the memory to 2GB, can you clarify if you are seeing the issue with a new workspace as well?

4. You may need to increase the memory still further and check if it makes any difference.

5. Another alternative, perhaps just as a test, is to see what happens with 2016 CI 0.
    You can download the installer from here : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/
    Install it to a different location alongside your existing installation and the license you currently hold is valid for MyEclipse 2016 CI 0 as well.

Beyond running on Java 8 by default, 2016 is also built with Java 8 and runs on Mars. We’ve increased the default heap size to 1024m, and you will want to increase that further to ~2048 or higher to try with your workspace.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#471535 Reply

amavnet
    Participant

1. Navigating to my work space folder, it is about ~1.3 GB.
    2. The HTML files are relatively around 15 KB, the largest one I have is 80 KB. This error only happens when I use the “MyEclipse HTML Editor” or “MyEclipse Visual HTML Designer”, this does not error out when I use the “Text Editor”.
    3. Only certain html file cause the not responding where as before it was mostly all of them.
    4. I will look into increasing.
    5. I will test with the new version later this week.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Issues opening htm/html files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in