facebook

iTunes App Store Upload – ApplicationLoader Requirement

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

support-michael
    Keymaster

Use the recommended version of ApplicationLoader app to upload an iOS application to iTune Connect (requires Mac OSX).

Apple requires use of the ApplicationLoader utility program to upload your iOS app to the iTune appstore. Apple is known to make frequent changes to ApplicationLoader and iTunes Connect (https://itunesconnect.apple.com/WebObjects/iTunesConnect.woa). You must use the recommended version of the ApplicationLoader utility specified by iTunes Connect to avoid rejection or false warnings about your app during the upload process.

If you do not have a Mac with the recommended version of ApplicationLoader or you are uncomfortable with the iTunes Connect application configuration and upload process we recommend that you that you seek the low cost services of http://www.applicationuploader.com ($5 per upload) or similar service.

If you experience a problem uploading your app to iTunes Connect you must include the version of applicationloader used in your problem report. We ask that you avoid submitting problem reports for cases where the recommended version of applicationloader is NOT used.

#344528 Reply

Kaypoter

Hi, so I need an iMac to upload my apps to AppStore?

#344535 Reply

paulD
    #352530 Reply

samauden

Oh, I have been struggling to load it to appstore, Thanks,paul.

#352832 Reply

EddyC
    Participant

Hi,

I use ApplicationLoader 3 to submit my app but I got the warning message about the CFBundleIdentifier of my bundle ID of Apple. I checked the following webpage:

http://www.genuitec.com/mobile/docs/buildiosapp/buildiosapp.html

‘The Bundle ID must match the profile’s App ID, otherwise a validation error appears. If the profile’s App ID ends with a wildcard * then your bundle Id must match the literal part of the App ID. For example if the provision profile’s App ID iscom.genuitec.apps.* then your bundle Id must begin with com.genuitec.apps., e.g.,com.genuitec.apps.learningcenter’

If I check ‘explicit App ID’ to name like ‘net.company.myapp’, I still have the warning about CFbundleIdentifier. How can I submit an app successfully? BTW, may I add push service if I check explicit App? (Currently I don’t add push service to submit my app, just wondering if can add this push service to submit..)

Well, I have another question about building iOS application. I have successfully submitted my app in Google play. I don’t know why publishing the same app has such a huge difference for the Google play and Apple store. As to my app for the Google play, it is around 3 mb. But I found this same app is 18.6 mb for the appple store. Is this normal for iOS applications? Just wondering if there is something wrong with the file during submission to the Apple store.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

#352842 Reply

Hi,

The app identifier is most likely the id not matching the app store correctly. Personally I tend to avoid using the wildcard when I can as I have had issues with that as well.

The size of the app can vary, though this does seem very large compared to your android version, though its hard for us to say what that could be. Have you tried opening this app inside a debugger such as GapDebug and checking its resources to see if there are unneeded files?

#352859 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

You cannot use a wild card identifier when building your app for submission, it has to be an explicit App ID. Then create an app store distribution provisioning profile to include this explicit ID. Download this profile and use for the build.
    The size factor is probably caused by unnecessarily large images, try to optimise them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: iTunes App Store Upload – ApplicationLoader Requirement

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in