facebook

J2EE:160177

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Scott

I am getting the following exception when deploying to Weblogic 10 server. This suggests the WEB-INF/web.xml is missing, which I have verified does exist. When I review the ../autodeploy folder, it looks like a perfect web application hierarchy. Has anyone seen this situation?

<Apr 22, 2009 3:03:34 PM CDT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000331> <Started WebLogic Admin Server “AdminServer” for domain “base_domain” running in Development Mode>

<Apr 22, 2009 3:03:34 PM CDT> <Warning> <Server> <BEA-002611> <Hostname “8FNY3B1.na.erac.com”, maps to multiple IP addresses: 10.13.151.19, 127.0.0.1>

<Apr 22, 2009 3:03:34 PM CDT> <Warning> <Server> <BEA-002611> <Hostname “localhost”, maps to multiple IP addresses: 10.13.151.19, 127.0.0.1>

<Apr 22, 2009 3:03:34 PM CDT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to RUNNING>

<Apr 22, 2009 3:03:34 PM CDT> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000360> <Server started in RUNNING mode>

<Apr 22, 2009 3:05:15 PM CDT> <Error> <Deployer> <BEA-149265> <Failure occurred in the execution of deployment request with ID ‘1240430715790’ for task ‘0’. Error is: ‘weblogic.management.DeploymentException: [J2EE:160177]The application at “C:\bea10mp1\user_projects\domains\base_domain\autodeploy\wsf” was not recognized as a valid application type. If this is an EAR file, please ensure the META-INF/application.xml exists. EJB-JARs should have a META-INF/ejb-jar.xml. WAR files require a WEB-INF/web.xml, and RARs require a META-INF/ra.xml. A JMS deployment should be an XML file whose name ends with “-jms.xml”. A JDBC deployment should be an XML file whose name ends with “-jdbc.xml”. For other application types, please consult the WebLogic Server documentation.’

weblogic.management.DeploymentException: [J2EE:160177]The application at “C:\bea10mp1\user_projects\domains\base_domain\autodeploy\wsf” was not recognized as a valid application type. If this is an EAR file, please ensure the META-INF/application.xml exists. EJB-JARs should have a META-INF/ejb-jar.xml. WAR files require a WEB-INF/web.xml, and RARs require a META-INF/ra.xml. A JMS deployment should be an XML file whose name ends with “-jms.xml”. A JDBC deployment should be an XML file whose name ends with “-jdbc.xml”. For other application types, please consult the WebLogic Server documentation.

at weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentManagerImpl.createDeployment(DeploymentManagerImpl.java:109)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.BasicDeployment.createDeployment(BasicDeployment.java:147)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.createAndPrepareContainer(ActivateOperation.java:184)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.doPrepare(ActivateOperation.java:87)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.prepare(AbstractOperation.java:217)

Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

>

<Apr 22, 2009 3:05:16 PM CDT> <Warning> <Deployer> <BEA-149004> <Failures were detected while initiating deploy task for application ‘_appsdir_wsf_dir’.>

<Apr 22, 2009 3:05:16 PM CDT> <Warning> <Deployer> <BEA-149078> <Stack trace for message 149004

weblogic.management.DeploymentException: [J2EE:160177]The application at “C:\bea10mp1\user_projects\domains\base_domain\autodeploy\wsf” was not recognized as a valid application type. If this is an EAR file, please ensure the META-INF/application.xml exists. EJB-JARs should have a META-INF/ejb-jar.xml. WAR files require a WEB-INF/web.xml, and RARs require a META-INF/ra.xml. A JMS deployment should be an XML file whose name ends with “-jms.xml”. A JDBC deployment should be an XML file whose name ends with “-jdbc.xml”. For other application types, please consult the WebLogic Server documentation.

at weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentManagerImpl.createDeployment(DeploymentManagerImpl.java:109)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.BasicDeployment.createDeployment(BasicDeployment.java:147)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.createAndPrepareContainer(ActivateOperation.java:184)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.doPrepare(ActivateOperation.java:87)

at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.prepare(AbstractOperation.java:217)

Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

>

#297849 Reply

support-joy

stanlick,
    Are you deploying a Web application or EAR project? My guess is it is an enterprise application.

<Failure occurred in the execution of deployment request with ID ‘1240430715790’ for task ‘0’. Error is: ‘weblogic.management.DeploymentException: [J2EE:160177]The application at “C:\bea10mp1\user_projects\domains\base_domain\autodeploy\wsf” was not recognized as a valid application type. If this is an EAR file, please ensure the META-INF/application.xml exists. EJB-JARs should have a META-INF/ejb-jar.xml. WAR files require a WEB-INF/web.xml, and RARs require a META-INF/ra.xml. A JMS deployment should be an XML file whose name ends with “-jms.xml”. A JDBC deployment should be an XML file whose name ends with “-jdbc.xml”. For other application types, please consult the WebLogic Server documentation.’

From your error log, it looks like that you could have missed either of these files while deploying the application
    META-INF/application.xml
    or
    META-INF/ejb-jar.xml

Although you have WEB-INF/web.xml file with you and if you are missing any of the above mentioned files, you are likely to get this error.

#297853 Reply

Scott

It’s is actually a web project. The strange thing is, MyEclipse thinks it deployed successfully as reflected by the green check mark and OK! However, the console reflects a different reality — J2EE:160177. It suggests I am missing the WEB-INF/web.xml which I am clearly not. Does this give you more to go on? Like I mentioned earlier, if I look in the WL 10 autodeploy folder following the MyEclipse deploy, I see a perfectly configured (exploded) Java EE 5.0 web application hierarchy. This really has me (and several others) clueless.

Peace,
    Scott

#297894 Reply

Scott

Thanks to all who tried to help me out on this! As it turns out, there must have been a glitch with 3.2.2 and MyEclipse 5.5.1 relating to exploded WL 10 deployment. I upgraded the developer machines to 3.3.3 and 6.0.1 and the deployment works great!

Peace,
    Scott

#297985 Reply

Loyal Water

Scott,
    Glad everything is working now. Thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: J2EE:160177

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in