facebook

Java EE 6 and JSF 2.0 Support in MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Bojan Kaurin

Hello,

In MyEclipse 8.6 Professional Workbench i didn’t saw an option to create Java EE 6 project or JSF 2.0(coincides with Java EE 6).

My question is: Is there any way to add Java EE 6 capabilities(trough plugin or some other way to get radio button option for Java EE 6 when creating new enterprise project, i added jars and that works), and is there any way to add JSF 2.0 capabilities? If not, when we could expect that in MyEclipse, in what release and when that release will be shipped?

#311550 Reply

support-joy

bojankaurin,

I am afraid, currently ME 8.6 doesn’t support Java EE 6 projects or JSF 2.0. Please create a feature request here – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topics/myeclipse/feature-requests/

#311565 Reply

Bojan Kaurin

Thanks for quick reply.

One more question: Is it possible to enable JSF 2.0 support in JSF 1.2 project by adding JAR files, and how?

Thanks!

#311591 Reply

support-joy

I am afraid this is currently not possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#311592 Reply

Bojan Kaurin

Thanks for quick reply.

I hope this will be added soon to MyEclipse , expecially because JSF 2.0 is here since last year.

#311594 Reply

Bojan Kaurin

Colleague of mine just notice me that he succeeded to enable JSF 2.0 by adding JARs, he got no intellisense, but it works 🙂

Better anything, than nothing. Until MyEclipse official support for JSF 2.0 and Java EE 6, we will have to do this way.

Anyway, MyEclipse is the best IDE out there.

Thanks!

#311599 Reply

support-joy

Thank you for your kind words. Good to hear you are all set with JSF 2.0

For other forum users, to add JSF 2.0 capabilities – Open MyEClipse IDE, from menu options click on Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Project Capabilities > JavaServer Faces and add JSF 2.0 relevant jar files.
    Please note that since ME 8.6 currently doesn’t offer complete support for JSF 2.0, certain features such as content assist would not be available.

#312247 Reply

Hi,

Based on the above discussion is the following possible……?

I am building a web project using JSF2.0, Facelets. I am having trouble setting up the code assist and [cntrl + mouce click] on the tags dosent change the tag to a link.

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench Version: 8.6

Thanks,
    Sai.

#312309 Reply

support-joy

No content assist is not supported for JSF 2.0, as this is currently not supported in MyEclipse.

#313637 Reply

Is MyEclipse already working on a new Release which supports J2EE6 and JSF2.0?

#313653 Reply

support-joy

Yes, ME is currently working on a new release supporting J2EE6 and JSF2.0. Tentatively, this release is due end of this month. Do keep a lookout of the same on the downloads page.

#313679 Reply

Sudda
    Participant

Wow! this is very good news. Hope it will be available without delay.
    I know many projects which are waiting for J2EE6 and JSF2.0 support. Specially since JBoss 6.0 is out.

#314028 Reply

support-joy

All,

ME 9.0 M2 is released with Java EE 6 and JSF2.0 support. Please feel free to download the same from http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-4.html

Best Regards,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Java EE 6 and JSF 2.0 Support in MyEclipse

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in