facebook

Java Enterprise Perspective loses explorer panel after minimizing it

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mike_mikekonikoff
    Participant

After minimizing the explorer panel (MyEclipse Explorer / Package Explorer / Type Hierarchy) in Java Enterprise perspective, there is no icon shown for it in any of the gutters bordering the workbench. I have to use Show View or Reset Perspective to get it back. This does not happen with any other panels (like Outline/Minimap, Properties, or Problems/Tasks/Console/etc.). I believe this started fairly recently – within last couple of weeks.

This is with 64-bit MyEclipse 2017 latest CI build on Windows 7 pro 64-bit, and java 8.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Mike_mikekonikoff. Reason: clarification
    #602390 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Mike,

Sorry you’re seeing this odd problem. Can you please try launching MyEclipse with a new workspace, as there may be some workspace corruption. If this works, you can import projects from your old workspace.

If that doesn’t solve the problem, can you please provide a bit more information to help us investigate?

Since this has started happening recently, can you think of any changes you made around the time this started to occur? Perhaps installing a new plug-in or some system change? Please clear the error log (this can be done from the Error Log view), replicate the problem and then export the error log to a text file (by using the Export icon in the Error Log toolbar) and attach the file to your reply.

Lastly, are you minimizing explicitly or are you simply maximizing some other view which then causes the explorer panel to minimize? Have you customized the perspective in any way? A screenshot or two would help, if you have.

Hopefully, this information will give us enough to investigate so we can sort this.

Have you considered installing the latest release of MyEclipse, in the CI 2018 series? We make frequent releases in this series so you will get all of the latest fixes and features. Note that licenses don’t relate to a particular release of MyEclipse, so you can use any release with the same license.

#602403 Reply

Mike_mikekonikoff
    Participant

Thank you for the suggestions! I did end up installing the 2018 CI, which I had been meaning to do for a while. No issues so far 🙂 I’m going to chalk it up to a corrupt workspace and move on with the new workspace / latest CI build.

#602490 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

That’s great news, Mike.

Thanks for getting back to us and do create a new topic if you have issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Java Enterprise Perspective loses explorer panel after minimizing it

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in