facebook

JavaDocs blank in latest version of DevStyle Theme

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Scott_Hargreaves
    Participant

There are several different items that are not displayed at all (Blank Boxes). This includes hover-help, JavaDocs tab, Welcome Page, Tip of the Day…seems to be widespread. I thought it was my initial dev environment but I created a new one (fresh install of Ubuntu/Eclipse) and the problem persists. Current setup:
    – Ubuntu 22.04
    – Eclipse 2022-03 (4.23.0)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #680925 Reply

support-swapna

Scott,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with Darkest Dark theme. Thank you for the details and the screenshots.
    I ran a quick check on Ubuntu 22.04 and Eclipse 2022-03 but could not replicate the reported issues. We will continue to test this further.

Can you please check how it works in Eclipse Dark theme? Go to Window > Preferences > General > Appearance, select ‘Dark’ instead of DevStyle Theme.
    Do you have any particular OS theme set?

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#680933 Reply

Scott_Hargreaves
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response.

Tried a couple more things:
    – Switched to “Dark” instead of DevStyle…problem is still there, blank welcome screen etc.
    – Uninstalled DevStyle…problem is gone, windows appear normal

Thx

#680941 Reply

support-swapna

Scott,

Do you see the issue in a fresh new workspace as well?
    Also please share the current Ubuntu theme details. If you change the theme to say, Adwaita, does it help?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#680945 Reply

Scott_Hargreaves
    Participant

– Problem persists with new workspace
    – Problem persists different Ubuntu Themes.

I have output from eclipse starting in “Verbose” mode. Looks like exceptions are being thrown on startup only when DevStyle installed. Multiple “java.lang.Error: SWT Resource was not properly disposed” errors logged.

Full output attached for with/without DevStyle installed. Same workspace is being opened for both runs.

Thx.

Attachments:
    #680962 Reply

lykkos
    Participant

I also have the same problem, also it doesn’t show when I click on Show in JavaDoc view, before set up the plugin, the javadoc box was working. (in debian buster)

• This reply was modified 4 days, 13 hours ago by lykkos.
    Attachments:
    #680968 Reply

lykkos
    Participant

now my javadoc works, but I had to reinstall the ide and download a src.zip folder (sudo apt install openjdk-11-source) and reinstall the darkest dark plugin without the codetogether bundle, everything is fine now, I answer this in case someone encounters the same problem, maybe this works for them

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: JavaDocs blank in latest version of DevStyle Theme

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in