facebook

javascriopt validation won’t turn off

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

brian512

I’ll throw in that we have about 15 licenses of MyEclipse, across mutliple OSes (primarily OS X 10.6 and Win XP), and have similar problems with XML (struts.xml), JSP, JS, etc across most machines (on Eclipse 3.5.x w/ ME 8 and Eclipse 3.6.x and ME 9).

I skimmed through the comments above, so sorry if its being addressed or I missed something.

Why is it necessary to explicitly remove problem files in project specific settings? Shouldn’t disabling validation at the workspace level turn it off? I just created a new workspace, imported some existing projects, and almost every web project was giving build errors on struts.xml (for Struts 2), AFTER I had disabled it from Eclipse’s preferences (Uncheck All). Going file-by-file and excluding seems to work, but why is that even necessary? Can we provide a workspace level validation-ignore file list?

I’m on OS X 10.6.7, Eclipse 3.6.2 Classic Cocoa 32-bit, and MyEclipse 9.0.0.

Brian

#317702 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Brian,

1) The JS validation issue is fixed internally and will be available as part of MyEclipse 9.1. Turning off the validator globally will turn off the validation and you’re done.

2) struts.xml validation
    a) I’m curious about what was incorrectly marked as an error. Evidently the validation was incorrect and I would like to fix it in 9.1.

b) If you turn off the struts validator globally, you will need to restart your workspace for it to remove the error markers from files that had already been validated before you turned it off, again, the exclusion should not be necessary here. Can you try this and let me know if it does not work for you?

#317787 Reply

proliphix
    Participant

Since customers with large numbers of large Javascript files cannot use the product
    until 9.1. When should we expect the 9.1 release.

#317793 Reply

support-swapna

proliphix,

We apologize for the delay. The 9.1 release is due this week.

#317810 Reply

proliphix
    Participant

That is good news.

Thank you.

#317832 Reply

proliphix
    Participant

Is there a file I can delete or some configuration file I can change to disable validation?
    We are really dead in the water until the 9.1 fix is available.

#317842 Reply

support-swapna

proliphix,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Here is an FAQ on javascript validation issues :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshooting-memory-amp-performance-issues/

Let me know how this works for you.

#317860 Reply

proliphix
    Participant

This worked.

#317873 Reply

support-swapna

proliphix,

Glad that it is working.
    Do let us know if you see any other issues.

#317923 Reply

support-swapna

proliphix,

MyEclipse 9.1 has been released. Here is the link to update to it :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-9-1-is-now-available/

Let us know how it works for you.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: javascriopt validation won’t turn off

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in