facebook

JBoss Tools (In particular the jBPM/Drools tools).

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Tony Herstell
    Participant

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to use jBPM on a project.

Is it possible yet to add these tools [e.g. The Diagram Modelling etc.] (from the JBoss Tools suite) to MyEclipse?

I am not keen to blow up my MyEclipse and have to re-install…

Do you guys have any thoughts on this…

#469811 Reply

support-swapna

Tony,

I am afraid you cannot install jBPM/Drools tools as there would be a conflict with the JBoss tools plugins already installed in MyEclipse.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.Let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#470787 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

Swapna,

This is a major problem.

Most of the upcoming work and future work will be focussing on BPM.

jBPM was my tool of choice and if you cannot get the JBoss plugins working then it may unfortunatley time to part compnay until you do.

I really would miss the excellent support and product 🙁

Please clarifly again with the developers…. as the last excuse was somethign to do with wtp; which should have been fixed.

Thx

#471054 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Tony,

With 2015, we removed a large number of the JBoss plugins that are in MyEclipse. Unfortunately, some dependencies were not too easy to remove and so they were left in product.

With 2016, we’re taking another look at removing or changing the way we integrate JBoss tools, hopefully within a couple of additional releases, you shouldn’t have a problem adding JBoss tools into MyEclipse.

#471093 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

For 2016 please also consider adding JBoss Forge to go with the JBoss tools.

http://forge.jboss.org/
    “JBoss Forge is the Fastest way to build Maven-based Java EE projects,
    and anything else you fancy.”

You may also consider a very clear split between EE and Spring [for simplicity for yourselves and the users]; down to the annotation help/tooltips/coding support etc.

As Spring gets deprecated [there is very little reason to use it now; with modern EE and CDI] it’s just confusing to see all of this still.

It would be so nice to still save the MyEclipse “server” capability, including exploded deployment.

When can I get my hands on 2016 Alpha 😉

#471175 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

Having a switch Spring/EE (or autodetect on the project) would help you limit the annotation hell as well.
    You could hide the spring annotations (inline help etc.) when not using Spring.

#471281 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

Forge.
    Its come a LONG way…
    http://www.jboss.org/video/vimeo/70822309/

#471359 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Tony,

For 2016 please also consider adding JBoss Forge to go with the JBoss tools.

http://forge.jboss.org/
    “JBoss Forge is the Fastest way to build Maven-based Java EE projects,
    and anything else you fancy.”

We’re actually going the other way, we’re minimizing the inclusion of JBoss tools plugins in MyEclipse, allowing you to install the features you want without the conflicts that you have just experienced. So, once this change is made, you should be able to install Forge tooling yourself and keep it up to date (or not) as you desire – I think this would give you more control as opposed to us bundling it with MyEclipse.

Having a switch Spring/EE (or autodetect on the project) would help you limit the annotation hell as well.
    You could hide the spring annotations (inline help etc.) when not using Spring.

If you don’t have Spring libraries in your project, you should not be seeing Spring annotations being suggested for content assist. Perhaps I have misunderstood – could you elaborate? Where exactly do you see Spring coming into the picture – we’d certainly like to clean that up.

Have a good weekend!

#471375 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

>> We’re actually going the other way, we’re minimizing the inclusion of JBoss tools plugins in MyEclipse, allowing you to install the features you want without the conflicts that you have just experienced. So, once this change is made, you should be able to install Forge tooling yourself and keep it up to date (or not) as you desire – I think this would give you more control as opposed to us bundling it with MyEclipse.
    Perfect!

>> If you don’t have Spring libraries in your project, you should not be seeing Spring annotations being suggested for content assist.
    Ah my bad… Ill check… I may have seen then when I flicked to legacy projects and got myself confused.

>> Have a good weekend!
    You too guys…
    I am looking forward to whats coming 🙂
    Now back to jBPM… perhaps you may consider doing one of your excellent “how to’s” when you get as far being able to install the jBoss tools…. I would suggest:
    1. How to drive forge to create a project and then keep adding stuff all from forge (JSF/Angular etc.)
    2. How to use the jBPM tools to add jBPM to an existing project (perhaps the JSF one you just created in Forge) and create your first process with a JSF UI.

This with exploded deployment etc. would make for a very interesting training session worthy of a big java showcase (like java one etc.).

Show off MyEclipse at the same time 😉

My 2c anyhow.

#482683 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

Any update on adding JBoss tools (some of them at least)?

#482747 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Tony,

We attempted to do this in the last (CI 2) release but unfortunately the new JBoss tools integration was bringing in way too many dependencies or UI elements into the IDE – something we had fundamentally wanted to avoid and therefore I had to roll it back. Unfortunately we could not take a look at this for CI 3.

I apologize for the delay, but we’re going to be taking another look at it, starting next week for the CI 4 release. We’ll keep you posted and thank you for asking!

#482806 Reply

Tony Herstell
    Participant

The MyEclipse existing server connector is great; I hope it works as well afterwards.
    In the 2016 CI suite I have found the new “see your new changes instantly” button is problematic and I had to turn it off.
    In the 2016 CI suite I have found files that e-git things need to checked in that aer not required (but I think that a feature of e-git)
    Great job with 2016 CI; its looking great.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: JBoss Tools (In particular the jBPM/Drools tools).

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in