facebook

JNDI Database Connections

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. MyEclipse Reports
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

beachbeamer

To me, from looking at the stack trace for both scenarios, it isn’t trying the JNDI URL whatsoever.

#300550 Reply

beachbeamer

Is there anyway to get this resolved via telephone?

#300567 Reply

beachbeamer

From all appearances, it is not even trying the JNDI connection.

Is there anyway I could contact you via phone to get this resolved? We are going live next month, and need this functionality.

#300631 Reply

Brian Fernandes

beahcbeamer,

Could you go to the source of your rptdesign file and paste the <data-sources> element here please? If you have tried different options which do not work, please paste the <data-sources> elements here for all the options you have tried so we don’t waste more of your time.

In addition, could you go to your deployment location and confirm that com.genuitec.eclipse.reporting.oda_6.0.2.200712120145.jar is no longer being deployed and com.genuitec.eclipse.reporting.oda_7.5.0.200905281536.jar is being deployed instead?

Re: telephone support, I am forwarding this request to our management, in the meanwhile please answer my questions above, perhaps we can sort it out before then.

#300667 Reply

beachbeamer

This is the first one I tried:

<data-sources>
    <oda-data-source extensionID=”com.genuitec.eclipse.reporting.oda” name=”Oracle CRS Data Source” id=”576″>
    <property name=”meDriver”>Oracle CRS Connection Driver</property>
    <property name=”odaJndiName”>java:comp/env/CRSDS</property>
    </oda-data-source>
    </data-sources>

<data-sources>
    <oda-data-source extensionID=”com.genuitec.eclipse.reporting.oda” name=”Oracle CRS Data Source” id=”598″>
    <property name=”meDriver”>Oracle CRS Connection Driver</property>
    <property name=”odaDriverClass”>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</property>
    <property name=”odaURL”>jdbc:oracle:thin:@USPLSCOSD145:1521:witsqa</property>
    <property name=”odaUser”>crs</property>
    <encrypted-property name=”odaPassword” encryptionID=”base64″>wrong encrypted password here to force JNDI connection</encrypted-property>
    <property name=”odaJndiName”>java:comp/env/CRSDS</property>
    </oda-data-source>
    </data-sources>

I know that the JNDI datasource is working, because both of these scenarios work when I run the report using the View Report option inside of MyEclipse. I did verify that the proper jar is in the war file.

#300668 Reply

Brian Fernandes

beachbeamer,

The first definition should work, the 2nd one will still try to use JDBC, so i recommend you stick with the first.

Inside MyEclipse I’m afraid the meDriver property is used to link your data source with an existing ME driver. This driver’s connection is used, not the actual JNDI / JDBC properties in the report (this is why we have a warning if the driver and the JDBC settings do not match).

Have you been able to verify that your JNDI datasource is working using any other test outside of MyEclipse? If you don’t have one I can try and rustle up a standalone application that you can use. Please let me know.

#300821 Reply

beachbeamer

Just am not able to get this working. I have verified everything and know that my JNDI connection works as it connects when only having the JNDI connection information and running the report inside of eclipse (view reports).

Is there anyway that I can get telephone support?

#300877 Reply

Brian Fernandes

beachbeamer,

I have verified everything and know that my JNDI connection works as it connects when only having the JNDI connection information and running the report inside of eclipse (view reports).

So are you trying with only the odaJndiName property in your report.xml? Could you please paste the <data-sources> section here if different from the last time?

I reiterate, please do not assume that your JNDI datasource is working because you are able to view results in MyEclipse. Do test your JNDI source externally. I will ask an admin to attach a sample web project which you should be able to use to test your JNDI connection in a few hours.

I’m afraid we do not provide telephonic support; in any case it would not help as I have no further ideas if your JNDI datasource is indeed working. How did you setup your JNDI source, did you create it using the Glassfish administration web application?

Just in case there is a configuration/library SNAFU, can you try creating a brand new test project in 7.5 and create a simple report with a JNDI datasource. Does this work?

#300910 Reply

Brian Fernandes

beachbeamer,

Sorry for the delay, but here is a JNDI test application. You need to tweak it a bit for your configuration and then deploy it your glassfish server.

You need to make the following modifications before deploying this:

1) In DBTest.java on line #17, correct the JNDI path to point to your datasource.
    2) On line #26, change the query to something appropriate for your database. Use a simple query, you may want to change line #28 to return an appropriate column.

One you deploy this application and run it, by visiting http://localhost:<port>/jnditest
    You should see “Foo <result>”. If you see “Not connected” instead, you have a JNDI datasource issue.

Please let me know if you require further clarifications.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #305163 Reply

marcel1521

This message has not been recovered.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: JNDI Database Connections

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in