facebook

JSF .xhtml files mouse over popup not applying theme (contains sys + reproduce)

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

georgelappies
    Participant

Good day

Thanks for this great theme.

The following issue exists (tested on 3 machines) and is 100% reproduce-able.

Issue: JSF .xhtml files mouse over popup not applying theme.

System:
    1. CentOS 7.4 all up to date.
    2. Eclipse Version: Oxygen.2 Release (4.7.2); Build id: 20171218-0600
    3. JVM: java version “1.8.0_162”; Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_162-b12); Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.162-b12, mixed mode) – Oracle Java jvm
    4. Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Version: 11.2.0.v20180122-2025 installed.
    5. Darkest Dark version: Darkest Dark w/ DevStyle cl 10

How to reproduce:
    1. Create any JSF application (using maven or any other method).
    2. Use .xhtml as the file extension for the JSF pages.
    3. Hover mouse over any attribute / component.

Expected behaviour:
    Popup providing information regarding a JSF component should look similar to the popups used in .java — see screenshot of expected behaviour attached as s1.png

Actual behaviour:
    Popup is not using any of the theming provided by this great theme. Popup is rendered as black text on white background with plain font — see screenshot of actual behaviour attached as s2.png

Please let me know if I should provide any further information regarding this issue.

Also, if there is a ‘quick fix’ / ‘work around’ implementable, please explain how to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance

[EDIT] – Added JBoss Developer plugin information.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by georgelappies.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #556340 Reply

support-swapna

George,

Thank you for trying DevStyle. Sorry that you are seeing this issue.
    I could not replicate the problem on Windows. We will check with Cent OS and keep you posted about our findings.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Thank you once again for the detailed information and the screenshots.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#556341 Reply

georgelappies
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply, it is most appreciated.

I did not add in my original post that I also have the JBoss Developer plugin installed.

The version of the plugin is: Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio; Version: 11.2.0.v20180122-2025

[EDIT] Added JBoss plugin info to first post.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by georgelappies.
    #556914 Reply

georgelappies
    Participant

Good day

Were you able to replicate the issue with the JBoss Developer Studio installed?

Kind regards,

George

#557004 Reply

Brian Fernandes

George,

We are seeing some odd behavior with JBoss Dev Studio installed. Just to be sure we’re looking at the same thing, can you confirm:

1) What’s the name of the editor? If you right click the file and choose Open With, what editor name do you see?
    Or, with the file open, can you press Alt + Shift + F1 and let us know the Active Editor Class and Contributing plugin?

2) Do you see the issue with all popups in this editor or just ones that pertain to JSF info? I’m assuming the former.

I don’t believe we’ll be able to provide quick-fix unfortunately, but with your info, we should be able to fix this for the next release. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

#557015 Reply

georgelappies
    Participant

Good day Brian

Thanks for the feedback, it is most appreciated.

To answer your questions:

1. The default (pre-selected with a circle in it) name I see, when I right click in Eclipse, and then go to ‘Open With’ is “Jboss Tools HTML Editor”. And the Active Editor Class is “JSPMultiPageEditor” – see screenshot s3.png included below.

2. It is only when using the default JBoss Tools HTML Editor that the popups do not work. If I open an .xhtml page by right clicking and selecting “Open in generic xml editor” the popups display as they should…

Thanks for assisting with this issue, it is most appreciated. Please let me know if I can assist in any way possible.

Kind regards,

George

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #557051 Reply

Brian Fernandes

George,

Thank you for that detail – clearly it’s a problem specific to this particular editor in JBT and we’ll have to make a few adjustment to fix it. It doesn’t look like we would be able to deliver this until we release a new version of DevStyle, but I will keep you posted if there are workarounds.

Thank you for your patience.

#557054 Reply

georgelappies
    Participant

Thanks Brian, most appreciated.

Kind regards, George

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: JSF .xhtml files mouse over popup not applying theme (contains sys + reproduce)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in