facebook

JSP method insight does not work

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

In all jsps, new and old, package insight does not work. In java files when I type java. I get a list of packages available for use and when I get to the class level, I get a list of classes. The same does not hold true in the JSP files.

#196639 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

You are correct. Package level code assist is not currently implemented in the JSP editor. I’ve entered an enhancement request for it in our internal tracking system.

As a workaround, you might like this. Just type the name of the class you want and hit code assist at the end of the name. An import for the class will be added for you, which is quite nice. This works around the issue and gets all those long package names out of your code. For example:

<%
    Collection<ctrl+space>
    %>

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196647 Reply

You are correct… I love that! Thanks! I’m evaluating this product at the moment and I have to say, you folks did an excellent job. I’m also very impressed with your response time in addressing questions and bugs. Nice job. I will be recomending that we purchace.

#196651 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Thank you very much for the kind words. I know you’ll really love the GA release on 7/15. The feature set will be much broader and with the help of all the thousands of early adoptors that helped us shake things out, it will be even more robust too.

I will be recomending that we purchace.

Great! Now make my month by telling me you have a few hundred developers. 😉

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: JSP method insight does not work

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in