facebook

JSPX / xhtml content asssistant support for JSF / Facelets

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Frank Weber

Dear JSF Friends,

so far I got the ME content assistant only to work for JSF/facelets with normal JSP files and respective taglib declarations.

I tried the JBoss IDE 1.5.1 and to my surprise the JSPX content assistant did work as expected. However I was not able to repeat this for xhtml files.

However the newest ME version still seems not to support the content assistant for JSPX / xhtml files?

What is your experience?

Best Regards,

Frank

#249026 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Frank,
    We appologize for the delay in that work. In MyEclipse 5.0 we are refreshing all our editors to get them lined up for many more enhancements moving forward one of which will be JSPX and XHTML support (although I don’t know if those will actually be in the 5.0 release or 5.x release stream)

#249321 Reply

Frank Weber

Riyad,

To be honest the 5.0 Release in Q2/06 is a bit far off for me – especially as the Webtools do support the JSPX editor and auto completion already . …

I assume that in 5.0 the Visual Web Designer would then support the JSPX pages, correct?

I am not too clear about the term ‘milestone’. To me this sounds like a beta version, am I correct here?

Regards,

Frank

#249338 Reply

Riyad Kalla

To be honest the 5.0 Release in Q2/06 is a bit far off for me – especially as the Webtools do support the JSPX editor and auto completion already . …

We should have a Milestone 1 release of MyEclipse 5.0 out the door very soon that will be ontop of WTP 1.5, so you should have the same support you see in WTP. This will be the case moving forward as we are now in a position to refresh ontop of WTP as they make enhancements and bug fixes.

I assume that in 5.0 the Visual Web Designer would then support the JSPX pages, correct?

Unfortunately no, management has been focusing a lot of effort on a cross platform and more robust designer architecture internally which pushes off JSPX support as that would be functionality built ontop of the new architecture.

I am not too clear about the term ‘milestone’. To me this sounds like a beta version, am I correct here?

Yes you are correct, it’s the same idea behind the Eclipse milestones. They are Betas (not intended for production use). If this is a big sticking point for you as you would need it for production then that may not suite your needs.

#249389 Reply

Frank Weber

Riyad,

Thanks for your feedback. There are a lot of features targeted for 5.0 and my guess is that it will take longer then Q2/06 …

The UML Modeller ‘look and feel’ under Linux is a bit strange and I have been waiting for the Visual Web Designer for quite some time on Linux. Well as most of the ME developers prefer Windows I do understand this priorities.

Still I would recommend less features and release more often, but of cause that is up to your managment.

Regards,

Frank

#249408 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Well as most of the ME developers prefer Windows I do understand this priorities.

You’d be surprised how agnostic the developers and management is. 1/2 the dev team is on linux, 2 of us are on Mac and the rest on windows. Management really bases decisions off of the business demand side of things. If everyone moved to palm OS tommorow, we’d move accordingly. Don’t worry about any “religious preferences” at Genuitec, that’s not how we operate.

Still I would recommend less features and release more often, but of cause that is up to your managment.

You are right here, the 5.0 move is big becasue it’s a recentered ontop of WTP 1.5 platform. So that means retesting and porting ALL of our features over. Once that is done, things will start going out the door faster. It’s been an uphill battle trying to patch the WTP branch we had while WTP found it’s feet and stabalized, but now everyone is on the same page.

#265249 Reply

Frank Weber

Could you kindly give me an update on this subject. ..

Does the JSPX / xhtml content assistant work now for JSF / Facelets ?

Does the Visual Web Designer support JSPX / xhtml, JSF / Facelets?

I wasn’t too successful with my initial test with ME 5.1 – Windows Edition.

Frank

#265250 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Frank,
    The designer does not support facelets, but the source editor does (with a few quirks) and I’ve even created a beginner project in this thread:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/facelets-support/#post-265041

You can get the project here (1.6 MB) and import it directly into MyEclipse 5.1 and begin working with facelets in the source editor. This project already includes the JSF 1.2 libraries and Facelets 1.1.11 (The readme gives more details) which are the latest stable releases of these technologies.

#292524 Reply

This message has not been recovered.

#292770 Reply

elsieq

#292786 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: JSPX / xhtml content asssistant support for JSF / Facelets

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in