facebook

Last update broke my IDE

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Frédéric
    Participant

Good evening,

I’ve just updated my IDE and it doesn’t start anymore.
    I can send you log if needed.
    If I understand what I read in logs, Framework had to be restarted after the update, but some resources are not active :

The System Bundle was updated. The framework must be restarted to finalize the configuration change

But starting MyEclipse has the following result :

!MESSAGE Bundle org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.3.300.v20190716-0825 [1] is not active.

And also :

!MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).

I’ve read the config.ini file and found the jars in the plugins folder :

org.eclipse.core.runtime,3.17.100.v20200203-0917,plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime_3.17.100.v20200203-0917.jar,4,true

Thanx for help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #659235 Reply

support-swapna

Frederic,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. We have a known issue with 2020.5.18 update not being applied correctly if CodeMix is installed.
    Please see this FAQ for the fix details : https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-2020-5-18-update-does-not-apply-correctly/

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#659237 Reply

Frédéric
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

thanx for your taking care of me.

I also think that CodeMix is implied in this issue.
    It was late at night when I signaled you the issue I’ve encountered and I passed a couple of hours to look at JAR files to verify that everything was here as specified in the config.ini file.
    Because I don’t like to stay on a fail, I’ve downloaded and installed the MyEclipse-CodeMix bundle and all was OK.
    So I now can work on my project without staying blocked with an error message.

What I think is the following :
    – my former IDE was a MyEclipse one to which CodeMix has been added later
    – maybe the problem comes from the fact that the update process tried to install an updated version of MyEclipse instead of an updated version of MyEclipse-CodeMix bundle without knowing what to do with all CodeMix parts found in the installation folder ?

I will not try to make my former MyEclipse IDE work as the MyEclipse-CodeMix bundle seems to work fine.
    So you can consider this ticket as closed and resolved.

Have a nice day.

Frédéric

#659239 Reply

support-swapna

Frederic,

Glad that you are all set. This issue was caused due to duplicate bundles and an unfortunately missing patch in a prior release of CodeMix. The current release includes the required fixes, so future updates will not be affected by this issue.

Have a good day !

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Last update broke my IDE

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in