- This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
May 18, 2020 at 12:13 pm #658870
After updating to the 2020.5.18 release, if you see the new MyEclipse splash but the IDE appears unchanged otherwise (Help > About still shows the old version), please read on for details on how to fix. This issue only affects MyEclipse installations which have CodeMix manually installed.
How To Fix
- Shut down MyEclipse
- Edit the config.ini file in your installation’s configuration folder
- Update the values of the osgi.bundles & osgi.framework properties as follows:
- Edit your myeclipse.ini file, and add a -clean switch at the top of file and save it.
- Start MyEclipse – you should now see the new version in the product.
- The -clean switch can now be removed. Future updates will not be affected.
This issue was caused due to duplicate bundles and an unfortunately missing patch in a prior release of CodeMix. Apologies for the inconvenience caused – the current release includes the required fixes, so future updates will not be affected by this issue.
If you use CodeMix with MyEclipse regularly, and are doing a fresh installation, you might also want to consider using the MyEclipse + CodeMix bundle – available on our download page. This is a build of MyEclipse that is integrated with CodeMix by default, and is updated at the same time as our regular MyEclipse builds.
- This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Brian Fernandes.