facebook

lots of error entries in eclipse error log on eclipse photon M7

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

alef75
    Participant

each time I’m starting eclipse photon M7 with devstyle darkest dark, eclipse logs lots of error related to
    MESSAGE Circular reference detected trying to get service {org.osgi.framework.hooks.weaving.WeavingHook}={service.id=36, service.bundleid=12, service.scope=bundle, component.name=Genuitec Patches Weaver, component.id=0}

see attachment for full log

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #588611 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Alef,

Thanks for sharing this with us. We’ve put in a fix for Eclipse Photon M7 and later that will avoid these being spammed to your log. In addition, we’ve fixed a compatibility issue with DevStyle for Photon on Windows.

I’m attaching a zip, which if you extract into your Eclipse/plugins area, you can then get up and going and hopefully no longer see all those circular error messages!

Important notes:

1. The version #s must match exactly. If you aren’t on the latest version of DevStyle, there may b a mismatch and the fix won’t work.
    2. You need to run the first time after replacing the plugins with -clean added to your eclipse.ini file. Make sure to add the clean argument before -vmargs.
    3. After replacing the plugins, and adding the -clean, you should be good to go to run Eclipse without issue.

Please do let us know how this works for you — we’ll be having a hotfix update for DevStyle mid-next week with this fix for other users who may be using Photon. Have a great weekend!

Attachments:
    #588859 Reply

Same problem.. This save my work.. thanks

#588901 Reply

alef75
    Participant

Hi Timwebb.
    thank you for the prompt reply and fix.
    I’ve tried the fix you provide, both on ubuntu 16 and windows 10.
    UBUNTU: almost all errors disappear but 1 (see attachement)
    WINDOWS: after applying the patch photon M7 start without any problem.

Attachments:
    #589032 Reply

support-swapna

Alef,

Thank you for applying the fix and getting back to us with details about how it works.
    The dev team will look into the error reported on Ubuntu.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#589412 Reply

alef75
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve upgraded today to DevStyle 1.11.0.201805291134, and also the
    !MESSAGE <null>
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    error has been fixed

thank you

#589518 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Glad you are up and going! We will have incremental fixes for Photon as we approach the final release but please don’t hesitate to drop us a note if you observe something else!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: lots of error entries in eclipse error log on eclipse photon M7

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in