facebook

Manage Server Deployment with WL 9.2

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Russ

Okay, I am hoping someone has walked this path already with ME. What I have is a Weblogic 9.2 server created on my local machine. In a managed server environment, it comes with the preconfigured Admin Sever already created. Next, I create a managed server (Server1) that will be used to deploy my code from ME using the exploded deployment option.

What I have done is started the Node Manager and the Admin Server from outside ME. Next, I configured ME to use the Server1 as the server name for deployment. I’ve added these additional JVM command to the JDK:

-Dweblogic.Name=Server1 -Djava.awt.headless=true 

When I test Server1 from outside ME using the Admin console within WL, it starts. There is nothing special with Server1, it is simple server with nothing more.

When I start Server1 from within ME, I am getting this error:

<Mar 26, 2007 5:42:02 PM CDT> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000362> <Server failed. Reason: 

There are 1 nested errors:

weblogic.management.ManagementException: Booting as admin server, but servername, Server1, does not match the admin server name, AdminServer
        at weblogic.management.provider.internal.RuntimeAccessService.start(RuntimeAccessService.java:61)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerServicesManager.startService(ServerServicesManager.java:374)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerServicesManager.startInStandbyState(ServerServicesManager.java:125)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initializeStandby(T3Srvr.java:630)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.startup(T3Srvr.java:402)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:361)
        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:67)

> 

Can’t ME handle a managed server environment or am I missing something? Somehow I think it is the latter.. 🙁

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Russ

#268043 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Russ,
    Under the Weblogic connector, under the Launch node, there is a radio button for making the server as “managed” (the 2nd one) try that and see if it does the trick.

#268055 Reply

Russ

Okay what I have done is clicked on the following:
    Windows>Preferences>MyEclipse>Application Servers>Weblogic9.0>launch

Click on radio button for “This server is externally managed”

Next, click on Apply button then the OK button. Attempted to restart using Server1 settings.

I am still getting an error when I attempt to start Server1:

<Mar 27, 2007 1:57:53 PM CDT> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000362> <Server failed. Reason: 

There are 1 nested errors:

weblogic.management.ManagementException: Booting as admin server, but servername, Server1, does not match the admin server name, AdminServer
        at weblogic.management.provider.internal.RuntimeAccessService.start(RuntimeAccessService.java:61)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerServicesManager.startService(ServerServicesManager.java:374)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerServicesManager.startInStandbyState(ServerServicesManager.java:125)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initializeStandby(T3Srvr.java:630)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.startup(T3Srvr.java:402)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:361)
        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:67)

#268060 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Russ,
    I spoke with one of our devs about this and I think the issue stems from the assumption that we are launching an admin server (as is the case for developers, having local admin installs).

He did have a suggestion of using the Create Launch Configuration button on the Launch page to create a custom launch config (you can get to it from your normal Run or Debug menus) and then to edit that configuration to see what arguments are being used to launch it and possibly modify the launch arguments to see if you can get that config to launch. If you can, then you can use that information to config the normal connector with optional JDK or WL start up args.

Unfortunately I don’t have any clearly outlined “this is how you do it” steps.

#268061 Reply

Russ

OUCH! OUCH! and DOUBLE OUCH! Oh I feel the pain COMING ON!!!!

#268081 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Russ,

It might not be that bad. This technique openly exposes all the arguments and you might find it’s as simple as setting weblogic.Name in the launch config. It makes it really easy to compare with the commandline launch to look for differences as well, since that one works the way you want it to. I bet you have it worked out in under 30 minutes because I have faith in you! 🙂

#271021 Reply

Managed servers need the admin URL. The way to specify it is to add arguments in the “JDK” section for “option JVM arguments”. My admin URL was localhost:7100
    -Dweblogic.management.discover=false -Dweblogic.management.server=http://localhost:7100

My application now gets past the point described above, but still does not run due to some other classloader problem.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Manage Server Deployment with WL 9.2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in