facebook

ME 2015 Unable to create new Phonegap project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Mobile Tooling
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

Brandon

I am having the same issue as described above. Has there been a cause identified? I am 2015 which was released Oct 28th. Windows 7.

I have tested on a second Windows 7 machine and it is working fine.

#352742 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Brandon,

Apologies for the delayed response – I had meant to reply to this when we released CI 7.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to reproduce the issue locally, nor have we been able to theorize too much on what could be causing the problem so there is no specific fix for this yet.
    However, in CI 7 (released on Nov 13) – we did make a few changes with how projects are created, can you please try with this release and let me know if you still see a problem?

If it still is a problem with CI 7, we’ll take things further.

#352873 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Brandon / mongonv,

Just checking in – did you get a chance to try CI 7? Would like to know if the problem is still out there with the new build.

#354144 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    Sorry for the long delay in this have been very busy on other projects.

I just got the current ME 2015 1.0 stable installed and have been migrating other projects to it and decided to try building a phonegap app and it still will not create a project from the wizard.

Here is the error information from the attempt to create a new project in a fresh workspace:

Failed while installing Phonegap Application.

Exception Stack Trace:
    com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.common.cordova.CordovaException: Command execution failed with code 1
    Please check the error log for details
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.common.cordova.AbstractCordovaCLI$CLICommand.run(AbstractCordovaCLI.java:151)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.common.cordova.AbstractCordovaCLI.getVersion(AbstractCordovaCLI.java:114)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.common.patch.PatchManager.patchIfNeeded(PatchManager.java:54)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.common.cordova.AbstractCordovaCLI.patch(AbstractCordovaCLI.java:119)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.phonegap.core.runtime.internal.AbstractPhonegapRuntime.createCLI(AbstractPhonegapRuntime.java:213)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.phonegap.core.runtime.internal.AbstractPhonegapRuntime.getCLI(AbstractPhonegapRuntime.java:173)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.phonegap.core.runtime.internal.AbstractPhonegapRuntime.createProject(AbstractPhonegapRuntime.java:121)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.phonegap.core.internal.PhonegapMobileProject.createContents(PhonegapMobileProject.java:100)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.phonegap.core.facet.internal.PhonegapAppFacetInstallDelegate.createFolderStructure(PhonegapAppFacetInstallDelegate.java:102)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.phonegap.core.facet.internal.PhonegapAppFacetInstallDelegate.execute(PhonegapAppFacetInstallDelegate.java:75)
    at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.callDelegate(FacetedProject.java:1477)
    at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.modifyInternal(FacetedProject.java:441)
    at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.mergeChangesInternal(FacetedProject.java:1181)
    at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.access$2(FacetedProject.java:1117)
    at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject$5.run(FacetedProject.java:1099)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2313)
    at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.mergeChanges(FacetedProject.java:1109)
    at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProjectWorkingCopy.commitChanges(FacetedProjectWorkingCopy.java:2022)
    at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui.ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.performFinish(ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.java:401)
    at org.eclipse.wst.web.ui.internal.wizards.NewProjectDataModelFacetWizard.performFinish(NewProjectDataModelFacetWizard.java:286)
    at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui.ModifyFacetedProjectWizard$3.run(ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2313)
    at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui.ModifyFacetedProjectWizard$4.run(ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.java:346)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
    Caused by: org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an error: 1 (Exit value: 1)
    at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.executeInternal(DefaultExecutor.java:377)
    at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor.access$200(DefaultExecutor.java:46)
    at org.apache.commons.exec.DefaultExecutor$1.run(DefaultExecutor.java:188)
    Contains: Output log:
    3.6.3-0.22.5

Contains: Error log:
    The system cannot find the path specified.

Session Data:
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.7.0_45
    java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

Let me know if there is anything else I can send, we would like to use ME for these kinds of apps, but if we cannot even create a base project, kinda kills that idea.

Thanks

#354179 Reply

support-swapna

mongonv,

Apologies for the delayed response. Thank you for the details.
    The dev team is looking into it. They will get back to you soon.

Thanks for your patience.

#354185 Reply

Brian Fernandes

mongonv,

When we investigated this last (and it has been some time) – it did not appear to be a space in path issue. However, I believe the issue now reported in your log “system cannot find the path specified”, is different from the issue we saw earlier and just to be clear, I’d like to ask this question again.

Could you please paste the installation path of ME and your workspace path? Also, what is the name of the project you are trying to create?

#354186 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    Here are the paths I am working with that fail to create the application:

Workspace path:
    F:\Development\Projects\java\Me_testing

Path to ME installation:
    F:\ME2015\myeclipse.exe

Project name:
    testphonegap

Let me know if you need anything else.
    Thanks

#354192 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thanks – nothing looks awry.

Can you confirm that these files exist on your machine?

F:\ME2015\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.embedded.nodejs_0.10.26.win32-x86_64-me20141201-1428\nodejs\node.exe

or

F:\ME2015\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.embedded.nodejs_0.10.26.win32-x86-me20141201-1428\nodejs\node.exe

(please tell me which of the above exists)

C:\Users\<username>\.myeclipse\phonegap\com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.embedded.phonegap_3.6.3\win32-me20141201-1428\node_modules\phonegap\bin\phonegap.js

Assuming your user directory is at C:\Users\<username>

Is your system a 32-bit system or a 64-bit system? Consequently, did you install MyEclipse as a 32 or 64-bit application?

#354193 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    The question:

F:\ME2015\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.embedded.nodejs_0.10.26.win32-x86_64-me20141201-1428

That folder exists and has the one you asked for.

The second folder and file are on C:.

I am running Win 7 64 bit and installed the 64 bit ME 2015.

If your app is using Node to do the project generation, there is something strange on my system in using a straight install of node and running npm apps. I had to install a Bitnami stack of node to get it to work properly, so that may have something to do with what is happening with your call to node.

I have never been able to find any answer to what is happening on this and another pretty basic install with mostly just ME and node that makes standalone node not work correctly.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Thanks

#354211 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Just to be clear, MyEclipse does not install node, but uses an embedded (in MyEclipse) version of node to run the PG CLI. Even the CLI is extracted to a MyEclipse specific path, so the PG CLI node modules will not affect other node installations on your system.

If your app is using Node to do the project generation, there is something strange on my system in using a straight install of node and running npm apps. I had to install a Bitnami stack of node to get it to work properly, so that may have something to do with what is happening with your call to node.

That would definitely explain what is going wrong on your system. MyEclipse is using the PhoneGap API under the covers, which in turn uses Node. If node itself won’t work on your system, no features in this area will work.

So this problem now moves from a MyEclipse issue to a Node issue – and we’ve got to figure out why Node won’t run on this system. For the external node installations that you have tried, what happens when you try to run node – like typing node on the command prompt (or in the directory within which node is installed) – any data we can use to research that problem?

#354212 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    The problem I had was that npm would not reliable execute commands for things like npm install. I have installed a Bitnami stack for MEAN (which includes node) that is only running when I need it and that works fine.

If I type node at the command line I get that it is not a recognized command. I am pretty sure all the node stuff I installed has been removed, other than the Bitnami stack which is in its own self contained install folder and is only active when run specifically.

This is on a win 7 64 bit system with 16 gig of memory and 64 bit ME installed, in case that makes any diff.

Thanks

#354213 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Given the problem you’re facing here with Node and the other issue with the MyEclipse theme, is there anything unusual about your Windows installation? I don’t really know what to ask for, anything that you would consider non-standard in your installation? Are you running an AntiVirus? If so, which one?

You mentioned earlier that the following location exists

F:\ME2015\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.embedded.nodejs_0.10.26.win32-x86_64-me20141201-1428\nodejs

Could you go to this location on the command prompt and type

node

and

node.exe

– this should just simply execute the node executable. Do you still see the “system cannot find the path specified” error? The exact error message you see would help (you can copy paste the error or attach a screenshot)- we can use that to try and see what is wrong with our bundled version of node, specifically.

#354214 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    On my workstation, its my main development station and other than apps has nothing special. I do have the same problem of phonegap project creation not working on a laptop that had been setup from scratch for demos and only had ME, tomcat, WebStorm, and SQL Server dev installed to be able to demos. It had the same problem with not being able to generate the phonegap project with ME 2015.

I am running Norton Antivirus Version: 21.0.7.11, think its the 2014 version, but it does not say in its about info.

I did your test on both node and node.exe in the folder requested and they both ran to the node command line, so from that folder it seems to work.

Like you I am sort of at a loss on what to look for on the node thing.

Let me know anything else you want to try.

Thanks for all your assistance

#354216 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Okay, I guess the next step would be for us would be to try and execute the same command that MyEclipse does – just get to the command prompt (any drive or folder) and paste in the following command; this should create a folder named PGTest in your current folder which would contain a sample PhoneGap project.

F:\ME2015\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.embedded.nodejs_0.10.26.win32-x86_64-me20141201-1428\nodejs\node C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\.myeclipse\phonegap\com.genuitec.eclipse.mobile.embedded.phonegap_3.6.3\win32-me20141201-1428\node_modules\phonegap\bin\phonegap.js create PGTest

Let me know if that works and whether the PGTest folder is populated with corresponding artifacts, if it errors out, let’s see what they are. Another sanity check, your user name doesn’t have spaces in it, right?

#354218 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Hey Brian,
    Here is the output of the command:

F:\ME2015\temp>F:\ME2015\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.embedded.nodejs_0.10.26.win32-x86_64-me20141201-1428\nodejs\node C:\Users\Ed\.myeclipse\phonegap\com.genu
    tec.eclipse.mobile.embedded.phonegap_3.6.3\win32-me20141201-1428\node_modules\phonegap\bin\phonegap.js create PGTest
    The system cannot find the path specified.

‘node’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

F:\ME2015\temp>

There was not a folder created in the F:\ME2015\temp folder I ran the command in. My user name is just “Ed” so there are no spaces.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
Reply To: ME 2015 Unable to create new Phonegap project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in