facebook

ME 2015 Unable to create new Phonegap project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Mobile Tooling
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

mongonv
    Participant

I just installed the ME 2015 Version: 2015 CI Build id: 13.0.0-20140917 64 bit and when I try to generate a Phonegap project it fails saying the www folder does not exist.

I have tried it on two different drives, one that is where I currently do all y my dev work, so its not a rights issue. Have tried the Phonegap and jQuery templates, as basic as possible, and they all fail.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have attached three shots, the two error windows and the resulting project folders.

As mobile is the main reason we are looking to upgrade to ME 2015, knowing how to get it to create project is critical.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #351662 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. We could not replicate the issue with the latest build at our end.

Can you please give us some more information ?

1. Do you see the www folder when you expand the project in the MyEclipse Explorer?

2. Did you select any plugins from the list during the PhoneGap Application creation? If yes, please list them.

3. Please start MyEclipse as admin (right click on myeclipse.exe > Run as administrator) switch to a new workspace, replicate the issue and send us the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log to help us investigate further.

#351663 Reply

Hi,

Along with what my collegue is requesting, can you also provide these details ?

1. What is the Phonegap runtime you have selected during project creation in first wizard page ?

2. Go to Windows -> Preferences -> MyEclipse -> Mobile Tools -> Phonegap Runtimes,
    In this page do you see 2 runtimes ?or no runtime ?

3. can you please share the error log , you can locate it under <ME workspace>/.metadata/.log

4. Can you check if there these folders <user_home>/.myeclipse/phonegap/ and <user_home>/.cordova/lib/www , do you see them ?

Regards
    Swapna R
    Myeclipse Support

#351688 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

To the first set of questions:

1) No there is no www folder, the screen shot I uploaded shows ALL the folders in the project folder.
    2) The list of phonegap plugins does have what appears to be all the applicable phonegap plugins listed.
    3) Attached the log file as requested. is a zip as your system would not upload the log directly.

Second set of questions:
    1) The target runtime is 3.5.0
    2) I see two runtimes, 3.5.0 and 3.3.0. the 3.5.0 is checked.
    3) I attached the log file for the first person.
    4) Yes both of those folder structures exist in the <user home> area.

I am not sure if it matters, but I do have other versions of ME installed on my system. I have 10.7, my main dev ide, and testing installs of ME 2013, ME2014, and ME2015 installed in different locations. I am not really using the 2013 or 2014 as they have had disastrous results in trying to bring 10.7 projects into them.

Please let me know what else to check.

Thanks,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #351689 Reply

Thanks for the log and other details.
    1. Can you share the workspace path ? are there any spaces in the path ?
    2. Were you on network when you created the project ?
    2. Can you retry with a new workspace and create Phonegap project?

Swapna R
    MyEclipse Suppoer

#351698 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

1) This is one of the paths I tried: E:\Development\me2015_phonegap_proplem
    I had also thought about the space issue and tried paths without any spaces.
    2) I am connected to a network, but all of the ME2015 installation and workspaces were on local drives.
    3) The path listed above was a new workspace on a completely different local drive than the original attempts. I have been making new workspace folders with each attempt to keep each attempt as clean as possible.

Thanks

#351720 Reply

Brian Fernandes

mongonv,

Thank you for taking the time to work through this with us. The error log was definitely useful but unfortunately we’ve been pouring over the code surrounding the error and still cannot explain it. Of course, several deep tests have been tried here by multiple developers (and machines) – no luck reproducing this.

1) It does not appear to be a workspace or a space in path problem, but might as well use one without space just to be safe.
    2) Can you try PhoneGap 3.3 (choose 3.3 when you are creating a new project) and see if that works for you?
    3) If #2 does not work, can you
    a) Clear your error log and shut down MyEclipse.
    b) Go to C:\Users\Ed\ and rename/move the .cordova and .myeclipse/.phonegap directories to something else. Note that the directory names are preceded by ‘.’.
    c) Start MyEclipse, this will force it to re-extract those folders – sort of a reset if anything went wrong during the extraction the first time.

If this yields no more information, we will have to work on shipping you a debug plugin that dumps more information on what is going wrong.

Another question – had you used any other version of MyEclipse CI 2015 on this machine prior to CI 5? If so, did you upgrade this installation to CI 5? Having 2014 and 2013 installations active on the machine will not matter.

Thanks again for working with us on this and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

#351723 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

On #2, I have tried the 3.3 and it did not work either.

On 3 b:
    Above, in a previous message, you had asked about:
    4. Can you check if there these folders <user_home>/.myeclipse/phonegap/ and <user_home>/.cordova/lib/www , do you see them ?

This showed phonegap as a subdir of .myeclipse with no dot on the front of phonegap, in your recent post you indicate that the phonegap folder should have a dot and it does not. Was one of those posts a mistake or do I have a missing folder?

This is the folder I have: C:\Users\<user name>\.myeclipse\phonegap

I tried renaming those two folders, creating a new workspace, and starting a phonegap 3.5 project in that new workspace and got the same results. The phonegap folder that is recreated does not have a dot in front of the name. I get the project created in the workspace. In the “MyEclipse Explorer” is the test2015pg/Javascript Resources/test2015pg and nothing in that last folder.

I have not had any other versions of 2015 installed prior to trying this installation.

Thanks,

#351724 Reply

Hi,

<user_home>/.myeclipse/phonegap is the right folder , there is no .(dot) for phonegap.

Thanks
    Swapna R
    MyEclipse Support

#351775 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Any reply on where I can go with this? I have tried everything you suggested and nothing works.

You mentioned having a debug level logger, how do I get that?

Thanks

#351791 Reply

Hi Mongonv,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your problem. We donot have the debug plugin in the ME 2015 CI 5 shipped , we will be providing you that shortly. Will soon give you some updates on this debug plugin.

Just one more question, have you ever faced running any command execution (*.exe files) on your machine ?

————————————————————————————————————————-
    Swapna R
    MyEclipse Support

#351792 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

No the user I am running is the only user login that has ever used the machine and is configured as the administrator on the workstation.

Have never had any problem running any apps on the machine.

I did install the ME 2015 CI 5 on another machine that has never had any of the ME 20xx installed and it did generate a Phonegap project. So there is something that ME 2015 does not like on my main workstation, hopefully your debug plugin can help identify it.

#351817 Reply

Hi Mongonv,

Can you please share your email id to which i can share the debug plugins ?

Swapna R
    MyEclipse Support

#351818 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

I just PM’d you my email address.

#351821 Reply

I have sent a mail with the plugins.

Thanks
    Swapna R

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
Reply To: ME 2015 Unable to create new Phonegap project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in