facebook

ME 6.5 Spring 2.5 Hibernate 3.2 runtime problem

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

davidsos

I’m using ME 6.5 with Spring 2.5 and Hibernate 3.2 and have a runtime problem when I start the embedded Tomcat Server. I’ve tried this with JPA as well. I started in a new clean workspace.

SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘SessionFactory’ defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.visit(IILjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V

#287271 Reply

Loyal Water

davidsos,
    Can you please make sure this is not the issue that your facing:-
    http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?p=2362609&sid=47476901ea7a640b87192c54f6c6afab

You can remove your deployment and then make sure all the libs are removed before redeploying the project.

#287275 Reply

davidsos

@support-nipun wrote:

davidsos,
    Can you please make sure this is not the issue that your facing:-
    http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?p=2362609&sid=47476901ea7a640b87192c54f6c6afab

You can remove your deployment and then make sure all the libs are removed before redeploying the project.

At last, I started with a fresh new workspace and am using the embedded ME tomcat server. Please explain how this applies as I’m not using a regularly deployed tomcat server.

#287364 Reply

Loyal Water

Please explain how this applies as I’m not using a regularly deployed tomcat server.

This applies where? I didn’t get the question. Could you rephrase it for me please.

#287368 Reply

davidsos

@support-nipun wrote:

Please explain how this applies as I’m not using a regularly deployed tomcat server.

This applies where? I didn’t get the question. Could you rephrase it for me please.

What exactly would need to be deleted or where is the library folder to clean out when using the Tomcat Server embedded in ME?

#287415 Reply

davidsos

I figured out where the embedded server is located. Each workspace gets it’s own copy of the server as found below. Each application has a lib directory under its WEB-INF directory as is customary. I cleaned up all the jar files under all the lib directories and am now OK.
    C:\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse\……..

#287451 Reply

Loyal Water

Glad you got it to work.

#289224 Reply

Unfortunately, I’m seeing this with a fresh Web project created with Spring 2.0, JPA Hibernate 3.2, and JSF. I’m seeing two copies of the org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor class:

– one in asm.jar in the Hibernate 3.2 Core libraries
    – one in asm-2.2.3.jar in the Spring 2.0 AOP libraries

Is there a way to resolve this apparent conflict between these two MyEclipse library bundles?

#289252 Reply

Loyal Water

AlanKruegerVSI,
    Im not aware of any workaroud other than the one where one of the conflicting libraries have to be manually removed.

You should cross post your query on the Hibernate/Spring forums as well.

#291390 Reply

I got this error too!
    I’m using spring and hibernate.
    I’ve removed asm.jar and cglib-2.1.3.jar but still got the issue.

By the way I’m using myeclipse with all updates.

#291391 Reply

I’ve removed jars from lib folder and redeployed the project.
    And it works 🙂

workspace\.metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse\tomcat\webapps\[my-project]\lib

#291398 Reply

Loyal Water

I’ve removed jars from lib folder and redeployed the project.
    And it works 🙂

Glad its working 🙂

#293771 Reply

johnnycannuk

So I am now using ME 7.0 and deleting all of the libs does nothing for me… when I restart my embedded Tomcat, all of the libs, including the conflicting ones reappear. And I continue to get this error…

It would be nice to use Spring 2.5 and Hibernate 3.2 together.

#293791 Reply

Loyal Water

Which libs did you delete and from what location? The deleted libs should not reappear on their own I guess.

#306227 Reply

amir55
    Participant

hi all

I am using Spring 2.5 and Hibernate 3.2 together. but the error always there

Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.visit

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.visit

1 – I have nolib jars apart from the mysql driver
    2 – sure it is asm jar confliction
    3 how to remove either asm as I tried to remove from java classpath andfrom the reference libraies but able.
    4 – I do not want to add the jars manually as MyEclipse gets them ready in a bundle

3 – I do not want to use older versions of libraries as the new ones are shipped stable with MyEclipse 8.

4 – please give me the URLs related

thanks a lot

Amir

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: ME 6.5 Spring 2.5 Hibernate 3.2 runtime problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in