facebook

MinMax Buttons in Split Screen Editor in Separate Bar /w Inconsistent Colour

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ian92
    Participant

Firstly, thanks for all the work that goes into DevStyle!

My problem is to do with the min/max buttons in split screen editors. Firstly, those buttons are moved into a separate horizontal bar on top of the tabs bar. This bar is quite tall so takes up quite a lot of vertical space. Secondly, the bar has a different BG colour which gives it an inconsistent look.

The alternative of opening two different editors side-by-side doesn’t suffer from this problem (as in that case both editors’ min/max buttons share their respective tab bars), but is not as convenient to work with because Eclipse seems to consider one of the two editors to be the ‘primary’ editor in which files are always opened.

I am not familiar with Eclipse plugin development, so please accept my apologies if there is missing information!

IDE Package: (Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers)
    IDE Version: Eclipse 4.7.3a
    Relevant Plugins Installed: DevStyle 1.11.0.201808131409
    Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Open two editor tabs.
    2. Drag and drop one of the two tabs to the right side of the editor to create a split editor view

Thanks!

EDIT:
    Found a similar post, though with slightly different emphasis, in the “suggestions” forum. I do think this post belongs in the “theme problems” forum though — correct me if I’m wrong!

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by ian92.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    This topic was linked to an Issue on at
    #596787 Reply

support-swapna

Ian,

Thank you for the screenshot and the details. On Windows, I do not see the horizontal bar being as tall as in your screenshot.

Can you please also share your OS and version details? If you are on a specific OS theme, then please share those details as well.

I will file a report for the dev team to look at the bar height and the inconsistent background issues. We will keep you posted about the fix details.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#596791 Reply

ian92
    Participant

Swapna,

Thanks for your reply. I am running Ubuntu 18.04 with vanilla Gnome Shell (version 3.28.2). I am also running the Arc theme (https://github.com/horst3180/arc-theme), but even with the default OS theme I have the exact same issue.

I hope this helps! Thanks for your assistance in resolving this.

#596812 Reply

support-swapna

Ian,

Thank you for the details.

The vertical space issue with the horizontal bar might not be a DevStyle related problem.
    Can you please confirm the same by switching to any other theme apart from DevStyle and check if the vertical space problem persists? You can check with Eclipse’s Dark theme here : Window > Preferences > General > Appearance.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#596820 Reply

ian92
    Participant

Dear Swapna,

Please see the attached screenshots. I tried this with Eclipse’s built-in “Classic” and “Dark” themes (with restarts after every change to ensure correct rendering). The former doesn’t have too much extra space but the latter does, so your suggestion that this isn’t a DevStyle issue might well be correct. The bigger problem, in my opinion, is the colour discrepancy anyway 🙂

Thanks again for the support!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #596886 Reply

support-swapna

Ian,

Thank you for checking with other themes.
    I am sorry that we cannot do anything for the bar size but we will look into the inconsistent background color problem. You can track the status of the bug – please see the top of this link for the bug link.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#596914 Reply

ian92
    Participant

Thanks, looking forward to the fix! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: MinMax Buttons in Split Screen Editor in Separate Bar /w Inconsistent Colour

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in