facebook

mobione import fail

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Mobile Tooling
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

DaveClark
    Participant

I just tried to import some mobione projects into myeclipse and the ant build failed every time. I am on windows7 with myeclipse ci18.

the ant says

BUILD FAILED
    C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\MyEclipse 2015 CI\mobione projects\underdrive\script\importMobioneProjectContent.ant:49: Replace: source file C:\Users\Dave\Documents\my mobione projects 5-21-2015\underdrive\underdrive calculator-www\C:\Users\Dave\Documents\my mobione projects 5-21-2015\underdrive\underdrive calculator-www doesn’t exist

Total time: 938 milliseconds

it seams like its doing the directory path twice.

any thoughts to fix or are the importing days over?

#460827 Reply

support-swapna

Dave,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please clarify if you have followed the steps for importing MobiOne projects into MyEclipse ? Here is the guide : https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/mobile/mobione-apps-myeclipse/

If you have imported the projects correctly, then please share with us some more information to help us investigate further :

1. Cordova version details.
    2. Are you doing a local or remote build?
    3. Is the platform, Android or iOS?

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#460866 Reply

DaveClark
    Participant

I was able to import a mobione project into myeclipse at home on a different computer. windows 10 and ci18.
    next i will take a look at my laptop to see where the import went wrong on that machine. when it doesnt work the ant import process stops with an error and doesn’t run in the simulator.

At least i know importing is still possible.

Thanks Guys

#460907 Reply

merrillfak
    Participant

Regards just might discover a handful of interesting payment dates on this . post nevertheless I not really know in a nut-shell witness these kinds of heart to assist you to middle. There is definitely a lot of credibility though I will have to have position personal opinion until Document contemplate it more deeply. Section of article , thanks a bunch so we desire extra! Dedicated to FeedBurner seeing as successfully Really good make a note of! But the truth is, I stubled onto it merely a little bit stern. I’m sure a number online websites specifically what the not one but two options exactly like will probably be incredibly convenient. I really enjoy the valuable guidance anyone grant within your articles. Most definitely i’ll discover your site and appearance once at this website consistently. Now i am really confident Consider the good master many all new goods the below! Enjoy for an additional! The matter really was helpful and additionally nicely written.

#460920 Reply

DaveClark
    Participant

Hello All

A report on my latest MobiOne importing into myeclipse. I have been hitting a few issues lately. I have MobiOne projects over the course of several versions MobiOne. I was having an intermittent problem with only some of the projects. After uninstalling and much heartache, I stumbled upon the solution to the import issues.

The myeclipse ant build import process is expecting the file directory structure to be in a certain format. The ant process wants the MobiOne project to be in the “c:\ mobione\www\my project” format. Not the way earlier versions of MobiOne were, example… “c\mobione\my project-www”.

So before the ant import process I changed the file directory structure to be the ”c:\mobione\www\my project” and it worked.

It is also important to move the “config.xml” file to the “www” directory. Otherwise it throws an error and stops the ant build.
    With these changes, all my old projects did import into myeclipse ci18 (latest version) and they run in the simulator.

I remember reading something like this in the old mobione forums. The old forums are too hard to search now. A search now also looks through the new myeclipse forums and everything is mixed together. It would be nice to only search the forum of interest and only see results from the current forum.

Thanks myeclipse guys, keep on trying to help us old MobiOne guys to make the change

#460942 Reply

support-swapna

Dave,

Glad that you resolved the issue. Thank you for posting your findings.They will surely help other users.
    About the search, can you please share with us the search string and the page from where you have invoked the Search?

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#460977 Reply

DaveClark
    Participant

I don’t know what to think of my last post. Everything I wrote was what it took to import my old mobione projects into my laptop and run in the simulator. All of those projects, when I do a phonegap build, everything seems fine but when I install any of the apps on the device, after the splash screen it says:

ERROR: Start Page at ’www/my app.html ’was not found

So I went to my desktop computer to import an original old project with the original file directory layout it did import and run in the simulator. But the result was the same with the start page error as on the laptop.

I have one mobione project that does do everything right and runs on the device correctly. I have myeclipse ci18, windows 10

The project that does run was a very recent project done with the latest version of mobione. All the other old projects were started with older versions of mobione.

I will try the dateTime project import again to see if that project still imports on the latest versions or if just have everything hopelessly messed up.

What do you guys think could be the issues? Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks guys

#461172 Reply

support-swapna

Dave,

Can you please recheck if a space in the html file name (my app.html) is allowed?
    Please share with us the PhoneGap version, whether you are doing a local/remote build, and the platform (iOS/Android) details.

If possible, please also share the screenshot of the project structure in MyEclipse to help us investigate further. Also share with us the version details of MobiOne used to create the project in question.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#461343 Reply

DaveClark
    Participant

Continuing saga of mobione import into myeclipse. I have spent time off and on over months importing my old mobione projects into myeclipse, I have invested hours of pain, suffering and heartache. Here is my report:

Just follow the instructions in the mobione import to the letter. Doing exactly what the instructions say does work.

Just two things that need to be mentioned:

First: The mobione file structure does need to be of the “c:\myproject\www\myproject” forma, not the “c:\myproject-www” format.

Second thing: there cannot be spaces in the html file or the project name.

Thank you Swapna, when you said you had doubts about a space in the html file I renamed the project and changed the JavaScript file, then rebuilt in mobione and imported into meclispse without any problems and successfully did the phonegap app build.

Again thanks Genuitec guys

#461413 Reply

support-swapna

Dave,

Glad that it works. Thank you for your feedback on the mobione projects migration.
    We will look into adding the notes about mobione file structure and project name to the migration documentation.

Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: mobione import fail

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in