facebook

Multi-Source Audio Player Demo UPDATED

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Examples, HOW-TOs
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

support-michael
    Keymaster

Multisource Audio Player Demo (Updated to MobiOne 1.5 version)

This is an updated version of an audio player demo created with MobiOne 1.5 with source code and new terms of use. The user interface consists of 3 pages:
    – audio-demo page (start page, includes playlist)
    – player page
    – about page

The playlist includes 2 mpg3 audio files and links to 2 Shoutcast audio streams.

All of the logic for the audio player and poster image updates can be found in audio-demo-custom.js. The source code is available at the bottom of this article.

See attachment audio-demo-screens-30-update.png

To run Audio Player Demo on your iPhone or iPad please enter the following URL in your iOS device’s Mobile Safari addressbar or scan the equivalent QR code.

URL: http://genuitec.com/mobile/mobione/dev/web/audio-demo/audio-demo.html

See attachment audio-demo-qr-code.png

Known issues:
    1) I have only tested this demo on the iPhone4 and the Chrome browser. Don’t waste your time testing on a non-webkit browser such as Mozilla or IE.
    2) You may have to click on the audio player’s RUN button twice in some cases.
    3) The source code javascript does not include error handling

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #319125 Reply

ian_hulme

Hi Wayne,

the player’s looking good! I like the transport controls (though they don’t show up on my iPod with v3.1 – will it be compatible in the future?).

And it’s great to have album art showing up – will that be art embedded in the mp3, or images added by hand?

I was also just wondering if the tracks will be able to play in the background whilst browsing the rest of the app? And a great feature I’d love to see (though probably not that important to most people), would be a ‘download’ feature to store tracks for offline playback.

These are just a few thoughts I had when playing with the demo – can’t wait to see it complete! 🙂

Many Thanks,
    Ian

#319303 Reply

phapps

Hi,
    that will be amazing if you can hear the music or audio too when you’re not online. “Offline Player is amazing”!!

#319313 Reply

phapps

Hi,
    Question:
    Can I listen to music too (when I’m offline) from the audio player that will come in version 1.3.?
    Do you have a date for the beta version of 1.3? I am so excited about that version 🙂

Thx for reply

#319343 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@ian_hulme & @phapps

Thanks for your feedback.

In this little demo I created I do no stop the audio player when flipping between pages of the app. My 1st version stopped play during page changes. I will see what is doable with offline media. See more feedback below.

@phapps

I think we will be addressing media in several phases. The 1st phase is to play streaming audio and video for connected device (online). Last Sept is when the first 1.3 milestone is expected to be available.

#319596 Reply

phapps

Ok now I don’t understand anything. Can I embed at the moment an audio player, video player or a youtube video?
    Or will that come with the new version 1.2.3?
    Do you have a version like 1.2.3 EA for me or something like that so I can try the new features?

thx

#319609 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@all

I’m still experimenting with various media players and integration techniques. I created a much simpler audio player demo with source code available.

#322808 Reply

cookup

This message has not been recovered.

#324332 Reply

nivar

Is there any update on this thread as to the link to the source code?

#324334 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

All,

> Is there any update on this thread as to the link to the source code?

The hold up is that the images used in the example are not redistributable. We need to either get redistro permission or switch out the images. I think the decision is to replace the images. Will have more info asap as we are updating a few of our key examples with the goal to provide a tutorial around them.

#324647 Reply

nivar

Can you post the source code without any images?

or

Can you send it to me so I can use my own images.

or

Do you want me to send you images that I own to use.

#325139 Reply

nivar

Any updates thus far?

“We are working on it now and will have update by end of week if not sooner.” Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:16 pm

It is now Wednesday 11th Arpil, 2012 9:16 am. More than two weeks after saying it will be nere by end of week. qwhen will the update be here.

I know you guys are busy, but a response would be great.

Awaiting your response.

Thank you.

#325987 Reply

Brandon

I am new to MobiOne, and still working with the version two demo release. But, I have developed some apps and do some actionscript programming. So I thought I would share some of my work with this particular audio demo.

Adding Volume Buttons:
    Volume Up Button
    Add a button to the screen. Change the text to Say “Volume Up”
    In the action set it to run javascript, click on the box to add the script and add this line:

document.getElementById('audio_1').volume+=0.1

Volume Down Button
    Add a button to the screen. Change the text to Say “Volume Down”
    In the action set it to run javascript, click on the box to add the script and add this line:

document.getElementById('audio_1').volume-=0.1

Adding a Toggle Pause/Play Button
    Add a toggle component to the screen. Uncheck the switch so it is toggled off (optional, your choice)
    In the action set it to run javascript, click the box to add the script and add the following:

if (playing == false) {
              document.getElementById('audio_1').play();
              playing = true;

} else {
            document.getElementById('audio_1').pause();
            playing = false;      
          }

You will need to add one line to the custom javascript file:
    This is the line that will tell us if the audio is playing, since when the screen loads it is not we will set it to false. You can add this at the top of the script, or in the audio section.

var playing = false;

Now, when you run it you should have volume up and down control and a toggle switch for the pausing/playing. you can set the volume to change by more, just play with the 0.1 numbers to get it to your liking.
    Enjoy,
    Brandon

#326365 Reply

StephenNott

Hi Brandon,
    Toggle works fine.

Vol + – ….does not…on my 4S

#326611 Reply

phapps

Do you have any updates or can you please create a video tutorial because I don’t understand that. I am not good in coding so please help us. That would be awesome…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
Reply To: Multi-Source Audio Player Demo UPDATED

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in