facebook

My Eclipse 2017 Workbench

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi All,

When we try to post this there is a heap space error during deployment. We try to increase our memory using eclipse.ini but no luck. Hope you can help us.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #633112 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Can you please send us the error log? You will find it at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log. Where exactly do you see the heap space issue being reported, inside the WAS console, or is it reported in Eclipse?

For instance, if WAS needs more memory, changes in eclipse.ini would not help.

#633144 Reply

CS Tan
    Participant

Hi Brian,

We are encountering heap space error prompt in Eclipse (MyEclipse 2017 2.0 32-bits) when trying to publish the server.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by CS Tan. Reason: Attachment Revised
    Attachments:
    #633162 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Right, this is a heap error within MyEclipse and not in WAS. There is a limit to the amount of heap you can use in a 32-bit install, and perhaps you have specified a value higher than permissible, which is being ignored.

1) The change must be made in myeclipse.ini, not eclipse.ini – can you please send me your entire myeclipse.ini file?
    2) Can you provide some contextual information – has MyEclipse been deploying fine so far and is suddenly experiencing heap errors? Or is this the first time you are working with the server and project?
    3) Is it possible for you to go to 64-bit install of MyEclipse? That will allow you to assign more memory to the VM.

#633508 Reply

cslivan
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I am the developer who encountered this issue, regarding your latest post please see response below:

1) The change must be made in myeclipse.ini, not eclipse.ini – can you please send me your entire myeclipse.ini file?
    -Please see attached. Actually it is myeclipse.ini that I am modifying not eclipse.ini.
    2) Can you provide some contextual information – has MyEclipse been deploying fine so far and is suddenly experiencing heap errors? Or is this the first time you are working with the server and project?
    -This the first time I am working on with the server and project using newly installed MEB2017. At checkout of project, everything is fine but when I start to deploy and publish the project to server, the heap issue is then encountered.
    3) Is it possible for you to go to 64-bit install of MyEclipse? That will allow you to assign more memory to the VM.
    -Before I switched to 32-bit, I actually installed the 64-bit version and I already encountered the heap issue. I decided to switch to 32-bit as I thought it might solve the issue but still no luck.

#633509 Reply

cslivan
    Participant

reuploaded myeclipse.ini but in .txt version

Attachments:
    #633749 Reply

cslivan
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I tried to install the latest MEB version (2019.12.5) and encountered the same issue above.

Issue is encountered during deployment of project to server, causing the MEB to hang and crash.

Attachments:
    #633757 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Unfortunate that just didn’t fix it – something else is going wrong.

1) Can you increase the heap to 2048m -Xmx2048m and see if that helps? Typically, this much memory should not be required to deploy to your server or run MyEclipse, but it would be good to know if this resolves the problem. If it does, we can continue to research further what is causing this much memory to be used.

2) Is this project an exceptionally large project?

3) Can you initiate the deployment with the server not started?

4) Go to the project properties of the EAR, and then to Deployment Assembly page, can you send us a screenshot of this? Wondering if there are some dependencies here that are incorrectly set up.

5) Please send us the entire workspace error log.

#633957 Reply

cslivan
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Please see response below.

1) Can you increase the heap to 2048m -Xmx2048m and see if that helps? Typically, this much memory should not be required to deploy to your server or run MyEclipse, but it would be good to know if this resolves the problem. If it does, we can continue to research further what is causing this much memory to be used.
    -Already did but no luck as well. Same issue happens.
    2) Is this project an exceptionally large project?
    -No
    3) Can you initiate the deployment with the server not started?
    -Eclipse automatically starts the server when doing deployment
    4) Go to the project properties of the EAR, and then to Deployment Assembly page, can you send us a screenshot of this? Wondering if there are some dependencies here that are incorrectly set up.
    -Please see attached ‘EAR Deployment Assembly.png’
    5) Please send us the entire workspace error log.
    -Please see attached .log file.

Attachments:
    #633968 Reply

cslivan
    Participant

Hi Brian,

Just want to let you know that we are already beyond our internal deadline for fixing this issue, hope we can hear from you ASAP. Thanks!

#633971 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thank you for sending in the details. In the most recent log file you’ve sent, we’re seeing some zip file related errors when building the WAR – you can look at the end of the log file you’ve sent in to see the trace.

It would seem that a JAR/library that you have in the WEB project is corrupt (or too large) – it could also be a JAR that your web project depends on and which doesn’t necessarily reside in the web project directory. We don’t have details that show us which JAR is the problematic one from the log, but this should be something you could test? You could try removing a few of them in groups until you get the deployment to work (doesn’t matter if the project itself doesn’t work, you just need to get past the memory issue) and hopefully this will help you narrow it down to the bad dependency.

Please let us know how it goes.

#633979 Reply

cslivan
    Participant

Hi Brian

I tried your resolution regarding the jar file (remove the jar I added before I tried to deploy and added it instead after successfully publishing) and it worked fine now! I didn’t know that projects can also be deployed even though build path errors still persist.

Thank you so much for your help. Appreciate your quick response.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: My Eclipse 2017 Workbench

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in