facebook

MyEclipse 10.0 for Spring

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

cconway

Sorry, it’s on the Dashboard tab. Here are the actual steps:

In any MyEclipse Pro 10 running instance:
    1. Open the Software and Workspace Center aka MyEclipse Configuration Center (Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center)
    2. Click on the Dashboard Tab (I earlier said the Software tab)
    3. Check the box for “MyEclipse for Spring” in the “MyEclipse Features” section.
    4. The screen should refresh and you should get a button on the bottom right with the label “Apply 1 change”. Apply the change.

#322406 Reply

b4l4nc3r

Where is the “MyEclipse Features” section located under “Dashboard” tab?

To the left I see “Summary of Software”, “What next?” and “About this Profile”.

To the right I see “Updates Available”, “Quick-Add Popular Plug-ins” and “Pending Changes”.

And to the right of the above is the help & news section, where there is: “Getting Started”, “Tips and Tricks” and “In The News”.

Btw, the “MyEclipse Pro 10 running instance” I’m using, is using a profile using the update site version setup. Does it matter?

#322475 Reply

b4l4nc3r

?
    ?

#322488 Reply

cconway

Run the profile, then follow my instructions. If you do that (or are already doing that) and still don’t see what I have posted in the screenshot, then post back and I can get someone from the Pulse or MyEclipse core team to help you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #322489 Reply

b4l4nc3r

I’m using a MEC Pro update site installed ( http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/indigo/enterprise-stable/) on a Classic Eclipse 3.7 Indigo profile.

See the screenshot for the different available tabs & sections.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #322542 Reply

b4l4nc3r

?
    ?

#322643 Reply

cconway

I checked with the core MyEclipse team and the problem is that the add-on functionality I’m referring to only appears for certain pulse profile types. When MyEclipse pro is added via update site, the pulse profile is not one of those types.

You would have to add ME4S also from an update site, which as I stated earlier is not available or supported.

#322666 Reply

b4l4nc3r

Meaning MyEclipse users wishing to use ME4S will be locked to at least a MEC profile. So I’ll have to warn users, that if they don’t like MEC/ME4S, and they want to opt out of the MEC line after their evaluation period, they’ll have to restart their profile, and re-add all of their plug-ins. Even those that opted in using the update site, because it was easier to add to their existing Eclipse profile, will have to restart all over again.

Sure, peace of cake with Pulse. It’s not annoying at all, because all 20/30/etc.. separate plug-in entries can be re-added to any profile in one single go, oh right, that feature doesn’t exist. It’s perhaps a little bit annoying, and time consuming, so I should warn people about that, when I recommend to test the product. That’s the way it will have to be. Thank you for your time.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 10.0 for Spring

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in